Subject: [hybi] confirming change in compression from per-frame to per-message

From: Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:22:00 +0000

Per Takeshi's msg:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg09776.html

as well as the agenda:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/agenda

we discussed the change from per-frame to per-message compression in Vancouver. The chairs sensed the WG's consensus in the room to go ahead with this change.

This means the WG will "unadopt" the per-frame draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-perframe-compression/

Instead, the WG will adopt the per-message draft and continue work on it towards proposed standard RFC:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tyoshino-hybi-permessage-compression/

The above will be renamed draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-permessage-compression.

This message is to confirm our reading of the WG consensus. Any comments, please send them by Friday Aug 17.

Thanks,

Chairs

---

From: Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:20:41 +0000

This message confirms the unadopt/adopt as noted below. We will proceed.

Thanks,

Gabriel

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gabriel Montenegro
Sent: Monday, 13 August, 2012 17:22
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [hybi] confirming change in compression from per-frame to per-message

Per Takeshi's msg:

as well as the agenda:

Thanks,

Chairs