Subject: [hybi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 02:51:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Multiplexing Extension for WebSockets
	Author(s)       : John A. Tamplin
                          Takeshi Yoshino
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-09.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2012-11-12

Abstract:
   The WebSocket Protocol [RFC6455] requires a new transport connection
   for every WebSocket connection.  This presents a scalability problem
   when many clients connect to the same server, and is made worse by
   having multiple clients running in different tabs of the same user
   agent.  This extension provides a way for separate logical WebSocket
   connections to share an underlying transport connection.

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-multiplexing-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:01:17 +0900

Semantic change
- new drop reason code 3009
-- since message boundary information is connected to flow control
mechanism, I'd like endpoints to fail the logical channel when it sees
frame sequence that is invalid in RFC 6455

Clarification
- added examples
- delta-base is updated after running some modification steps
- nothing must be injected between fragments of a control frame on the same
logical channel
- multiple headers with the same name are allowed in
AddChannelRequest/Response
- replenished quota field with MSB set MUST be handled as invalid multiplex
block, not overflow error

Editorial
- fixed typos
--  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg09887.html
- defined "encapsulating message"

Takeshi

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>