Subject: [hybi] Status code 1011

From: "Arman Djusupov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:49:53 +0200

Hi all,

Can we change the description of status code 1011 from

"1011 indicates that a server is terminating the connection because
it encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from
fulfilling the request."

to the following so that the term "server" is replaced by "endpoint", same
as we did for 1007 and 1008:

"1011 indicates that an endpoint is terminating the connection because
it encountered an unexpected condition that requires it to close the
connection."

I also removed the mention of "request" because in duplex event-driven
communication this condition (leaving no other option but to drop the
connection) might also arise with a one-way message or even a response
message.

With best regards,
Arman

---

From: Peter Thorson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:39:37 -0600

I believe this has been corrected already in the RFC 6455 Errata. At least the s/server/endpoint/ change is.

On Nov 21, 2012, at 07:49 , Arman Djusupov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi