Subject: [I2nsf] A Revised I-D on An Architecture for Security Management in I2NSF Framework

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 16:49:45 -0400

Hi all,
I have posted a revised i2nsf I-D:
- Title
   An Architecture for Security Management in I2NSF Framework

- File

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kim-i2nsf-security-management-architecture-02

- Abstract
   This document describes an architecture for security management in
   the Interface to Network Security Functions (I2NSF) framework.  This
   security management architecture consists of I2NSF Client, Security
   Management System (i.e., Security Controller and Developer's
   Management System), and Network Security Functions (NSFs) in the
   I2NSF framework.  I2NSF Client consists of Application Logic, Policy
   Updater, and Event Collector.  Security Controller consists of
   Security Policy Manager and NSF Capability Manager.  This document
   explains their missions and the processing of security management in
   a high level.  It also describes representative use cases, such as
   security management for the list of malware domains, security
   management for VoIP-VoLTE and time-dependent access control.

This draft will complement the i2nsf framework draft.

The changes from the previous version are as follows:
   o  This version reflects the framework for I2NSF in
      draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-03.

   o  As a term change, Policy Collector is renamed Event Collector.

   o  A new use case for time-dependent access control is added.

   o  As a logic change, NSF generates an event rather than an updated
      low-level policy for a new security attack, and then sends it to
      Security Controller.

It will be great for you to give us comments or suggestions.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul
-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>