Subject: [I2nsf] Request for Checking I2NSF Data Models with NSF Capabilities Information Model

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 17:40:28 +0700

Hi Frank, Diego, Basile, and John,
I have posted the revised WG documents of Data Models of I2NSF NSF
Capability and Interfaces.
Could you doublecheck whether they are well-synchronized with your NSF
Capabilities Information Model document (draft-ietf-i2nsf-capability-04)?

- I2NSF Capability YANG Data Model
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-capability-data-model-02

- I2NSF Network Security Function-Facing Interface YANG Data Model
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-facing-interface-dm-02

- I2NSF Consumer-Facing Interface YANG Data Model
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-consumer-facing-interface-dm-02

- I2NSF Registration Interface YANG Data Model
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-registration-interface-dm-01

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul
-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>

---

From: Cataldo Basile <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 14:59:12 +0100

Dear Paul,

thanks for sending references to these data models, I'll do this double 
check in depth as soon as I can, you can expect a first iteration in a 
couple of weeks.

Nevertheless, as a first glance, the models are not very well 
synchronized. Since the version 0.2, the capability model uses the 
decorator pattern. I2NSF capabilities are metadata that thus 'attached' 
to NSF via an aggregation. The documents you have referred to list 
capabilities in form of conditions, events, and actions, thus as policy 
'components' (sorry for the abuse of terminology).  However, since the 
capability model is inspired by the MEF model, these components can also 
be thought as decorations, thus, the distance between the approaches is 
not huge.

It is worth noting that several of the categories of actions, 
conditions, events you list in your data models can be made part of an 
instance of the Capability IM with limited effort.

However, you may understand I need to further expand my analysis and 
discuss with the other authors of the capability IM the formal 
implications before circulating something that can be considered an 
official report in the WG.

Regards,
Aldo

On 04/11/2018 11:40, Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong wrote:
> Hi Frank, Diego, Basile, andJohn,
> Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>, 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> _______________________________________________
> I2nsf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2nsf
>

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:48:22 +0700

Hi Aldo,
We authors have not fully reflected the decorator design patterns on the
data models yet.
It will be good for you to suggest how to modify the current data models for
decorator-aware ones.
In the mean while, we will also try to modify our data models with
decorator patterns.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul