Subject: [iccrg] draft-irtf-iccrg-sallantin-initial-spreading-00.txt, update

From: renaud sallantin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:16:44 +0100

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-iccrg-sallantin-initial-spreading-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Renaud Sallantin and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-irtf-iccrg-sallantin-initial-spreading
Revision:       00
Title:          Safe increase of the TCP's Initial Window Using Initial
Spreading
Document date:  2014-01-15
Group:          iccrg
Pages:          10
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-iccrg-sallantin-initial-spreading-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-iccrg-sallantin-initial-spreading/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-sallantin-initial-spreading-00

Abstract:
   This document proposes a new fast start-up mechanism for TCP that can
   be used to speed the beginning of an Internet connection and then
   improved the short-lived TCP connections performance.

   Initial Spreading allows to safely increase the Initial Window size
   in any cases, and notably in congested networks.

   Merging the increase in the IW with the spacing of the segments
   belonging to the Initial Window (IW), Initial Spreading is a very
   simple mechanism that improves short-lived TCP flows performance and
   do not deteriorate long-lived TCP flows performance.