Subject: [icnrg] Deadline Extension - IEEE INFOCOM Workshop NOMEN 2013

From: "CAROFIGLIO, GIOVANNA (GIOVANNA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:02:40 +0100

Please note that the deadline has been extended until December  19, 11.59PM EST.

Giovanna Carofiglio, Lixia Zhang,
IEEE NOMEN 2013 Co-Chairs.

********* CALL FOR PAPERS - IEEE NOMEN 2013 *********

  IEEE INFOCOM Workshop on Emerging  Design Choices
           in Name-Oriented Networking

******* in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2013 *******

April 19, 2013
Turin, Italy
http://infocom.di.unimi.it/index.php/nomenwksp.html

Scope of the conference

The concept of name-oriented networking (also referred to as
Content/Information-Centric Networking) has emerged in recent years
as a promising paradigm for the future Internet architecture.
Instead of address-oriented communication, as in the current
Internet architecture, a name-oriented network architecture
considers named data as first class entities and rethinks the
communication model in terms of what data to fetch instead of which
host to reach. This basic idea has spawned world-wide research
efforts in exploring various design approaches to enable
applications communicating by data names instead of host IP
addresses in a scalable, secure, and efficient manner.

Following the success of NOMEN 2012, the objective of this workshop
is to present up-to-date research advances in the field, with an
emphasis on new applications enabled by the novel paradigm and on
the evaluation and deployment challenges. More specifically, we
solicit contributions in

(1) new applications and use cases facilitated by the name-oriented
networking paradigm (for example IoT networking, enterprise
networks, supporting peer-to-peer applications, health-care
applications, vehicle networking, online gaming);

(2) implementation, scaling and deployment challenges; and

(3) methodologies for evaluating existing design choices and
comparing their respective advantages.

The workshop solicits submissions of original work that pertains to
the design, development, evaluation, and analysis of name-oriented
networks and applications. Topics of interest include, but are not
limited to, the following:

    * Business models and economic issues
    * Deployment challenges and test-bed experience
    * Methodologies for measuring and comparing system performance
    * New application designs and use cases
    * Data naming
    * Security and privacy
    * Name-oriented routing protocols
    * Forwarding strategies
    * Network management and operations
    * Mobility management
    * Delay tolerant networks
    * In-network caching techniques
    * Performance Evaluation
    * Router designs
    * Resource management and congestion control
    * Transport protocols

Manuscript submissions

All submissions must be original work that has not been published
or submitted elsewhere. The workshop will accept papers describing
completed work as well as work-in-progress; papers describing
significant experiments are especially encouraged. Reviews will be
single-blind; please include author's name and affiliation in the
submission.

* Paper Submission: Submissions must be no greater than 6 pages in length
and in a pdf file (IEEE Infocom style).
Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their papers at
the workshop.

* Poster/demo Submission: Submissions must be no greater than 2
pages in length and in a pdf file.

* Panel Proposal Submission:  Submissions should identify the panel
chair and the complete list of panel members, with indications on
whether each proposed panelist has been contact and agreed to
participate.

Important dates

    * Paper Submission:  December 19, 2012, 11:59PM PST
    * Acceptance notification: January 16, 2013
    * Camera-ready Version: January 26, 2013

Organization

Technical Program Committee Chairs

- Giovanna Carofiglio, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, France

- Lixia Zhang, UCLA, USA

Steering Committee

- Van Jacobson, PARC, USA

- Luca Muscariello, Orange Labs, France Telecom, France

- Dave Oran, Cisco System, USA

- James Roberts, INRIA, France

- K.K. Ramakrishnan, AT&T, USA

- Anwar Walid, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, USA

--
France Telecom R&D - Orange Labs
MUSCARIELLO Luca - CORE/TPN/TRM
38 - 40, rue du General Leclerc
92794 Issy Les Moulineaux Cedex 9 - France
Tel : +33 (0)1 45 29 60 37
http://perso.rd.francetelecom.fr/muscariello