Subject: [icnrg] GI-Dagstuhl IoT Hackathon from July 23-28, 2017

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 23:50:35 +0200

Folks,

  if you or your students are interested in IoT or ICN ;) and like to 
code, please distribute the Call for Participation for the first 
GI-Dagstuhl Hackathon.

Thanks
  matthias

*************************************************************
Call for Participation
GI-Dagstuhl IoT Hackathon: From Research to Practice

July 23-28, 2017

https://dagstuhl-hackathon17.github.io/
http://www.dagstuhl.de/de/programm/kalender/evhp/?semnr=17303
*************************************************************

The objective of the first GI-Dagstuhl Hackathon is to explore 
challenging problems in the Internet of Things (IoT) by both design 
discussions and practical prototyping of technical solutions. A special 
focus will be on potentials of information-centric networking for the 
IoT.

The hackathon will bring together advanced students and early career 
researchers with senior scientists from academia and industry. The 
hackathon will consist of some technical background sessions and mostly 
hands-on hacking.

The topics of interest for this GI-Dagstuhl Hackathon include but are 
not limited to

* application of ICN concepts to IoT.
* extending, enhancing, unifying existing ICN codebases for well-known IoT operating systems such as RIOT.
* exploring data-centric security in IoT, trying out various security methods, evaluating feasibility, etc.
* other non-ICN topics for IoT.

If you are intersted in participation, please submit the following 
details in a single PDF file to the organizers (see 
https://dagstuhl-hackathon17.github.io/call)

* brief CV.
* brief motivation statement.
* topics that you are interested in.
* link to your code repository (e.g., GitHub), if available.
* indication if you plan to attend IETF 99 as well.

Feel free to already sketch a concrete project that you want to work on.

Note that all code contributions of the GI-Dagstuhl Hackathon will be 
open source and made publicly available via GitHub.

Application deadline
* June 30, 2017

Acceptance Notification
* July 2, 2017 

--
Prof. Dr. Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Computer Science
.. http://www.cs.fu-berlin.de/~waehl