Subject: [icnrg] Fwd: [DMM] FW: [E] New Version Notification for draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt

From: Luca Muscariello <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 14:31:22 +0200

Hi,

FYI, this  draft has been just posted to the DMM WG and constitutes an
answer to the 3GPP CT4 about user-place GTP alternatives for 5G.
It includes hICN among other solutions and so might be of interest to some
ICNRG list members.

Luca

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bogineni, Kalyani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:32 AM
Subject: [DMM] New Version Notification for
draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi:

An updated version of the optimized mobile user plane document has been
posted.
This could be sent to CT4 along with the reply to the LS.

Best Regards,
Kalyani and co-authors

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:12 AM
To: Alberto Rodriguez-Natal <[email-masked]>; Dino Farinacci <
[email-masked]>; Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>; Luca Muscariello <
[email-masked]>; Bogineni, Kalyani <[email-masked]>;
Giovanna Carofiglio <[email-masked]>; Jordan Auge <[email-masked]>;
Arashmid Akhavain <[email-masked]>; Pablo Camarillo <
[email-masked]>; Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Subject: [E] New Version Notification for
draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Luca Muscariello and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:           draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane
Revision:       01
Title:          Optimized Mobile User Plane Solutions for 5G
Document date:  2018-06-29
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          65
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01

Abstract:
   3GPP CT4 has approved a study item to study different mobility
   management protocols for potential replacement of GTP tunnels between
   UPFs (N9 Interface) in the 3GPP 5G system architecture.

   This document provides an overview of 5G system architecture in the
   context of N9 Interface which is the scope of the 3GPP CT4 study item
   [CP-173160-1], [TS.23.501-3GPP], [TS.23.502-3GPP], [TS.23.503-3GPP],
   [TS.29.244-3GPP], [TS.29.281-3GPP], [TS.38.300-3GPP], and
   [TS.38.401-3GPP].

   Architecture requirements for evaluation of candidate protocols are
   provided.  Optimization of the user plane can be in different ways -
   packet overhead, transport integration, etc.

   Several IETF protocols are considered for comparison: SRv6, LISP, ILA
   and several combinations of control plane and user plane protocols.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
dmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmm