Subject: [icnrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00.txt

From: "Anil Jangam (anjangam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 07:27:16 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We have submitted this initial draft, which describes an approach to support DiffServ based QoS mechanism for ICN. Milan Stolic will be presenting this work during the Interim meeting tomorrow (07/15).

Thank you,
/anil.

    A new version of I-D, draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Anil Jangam and posted to the
    IETF repository.
    
    Name:		draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos
    Revision:	00
    Title:		Supporting QoS aware Data Delivery in Information Centric Networks
    Document date:	2018-07-15
    Group:		Individual Submission
    Pages:		20
    URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00.txt
    Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos/
    Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00
    Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos

    Abstract:
       Information Centric Networking (ICN) is shaping up as an alternative
       networking mechanism for the TCP/IP based host-centric networking
       paradigm.  Content delivery or streaming is one of important use
       cases where the real value and potential of ICN architecture is being
       investigated.  While a number of studies on an optimal and efficient
       routing of Interest requests have been published, more discussion is
       needed on the mechanisms for implementation and enforcement of the
       quality of service (QoS) in the ICN based data delivery path.  In
       this document, we focus on two most popular ICN architectures, CCN
       (Content Centric Networking) and NDN (Named Data Networking) and
       describe how we can achieve the QoS aware data delivery in the ICN
       network.  We propose to use the differentiated services (DiffServ)
       QoS model based on DSCP codes, which is also used in the IP based
       Internet design.  We further present how QoS parameter syntax can be
       added to the current CCNx messages.

    
    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
    
    The IETF Secretariat