Subject: [OT]MRDISC protocol dissector

From: Ronnie Sahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:02:47 +1000

Hi list,

I have implemented MRDISC protocol dissection to the free GPL analyzer
ethereal (www.ethereal.com)
and would like to find any example capture files or implementations to
verify the implementation in the tool.

If anyone could provide me with pointers to where I can find an
implementation or tcpdump capture files for
this protocol (or DVMRP) I would be grateful.

Thanks
Best regards
    ronnie sahlberg

---

From: helmy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:35:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ronnie,
	Our research group at USC is developing a framework for systematic
testing of multicast protocols (called Stress). We have used it to
analyze/test PIM-SM, and PIM-DM. It mainly takes a finite state machine
(FSM) description of the protocol, and correctness criteria. Then performs
forward/backward search, to output a set of test scenarios that lead to
protocol errors.
	So far, we have mainly used Stress for 'design' and
protocol/spec testing, not implementation testing.
	
	The case studies and papers published are available at
catarina.usc.edu/stress or through my web site below (more up-to-date),

hope this helps,

Regards,

Ahmed Helmy
Assistant Professor of Computer Networks
Electrical Engineering-Systems Department
University of Southern California
http://ceng.usc.edu/~helmy