Subject: when member leaves the group

From: lahmadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 19:11:26 +0200

hi,
how the multicast router knows that a member leaves the group ? does it
will use a timer per member ?

regards,

---

From: gangadhar singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:11:16 +0530

hi,

When a host leaves a multicast group , if  it is the last host to reply to a
query with the membership report for that group , it send a leave group
message to all-router group (224.0.0.2).

When  a querier  router receives a Leave group message for a group that has
group members on the reception interface , it sends Group-Specific queries
every [Last member query Interval] to the group being left.

If no reports are received after the response time of the last query expires
, the
mulitcast routers  assume that the group has no local member for the group
and
that it need not forward remotely-originated multicasts messages for that
group onto the attach network.

So basically a timer will be running for each group.If no periodic report
are sent within the[ Last member query Interval ] ,routers will know that
the members have left the group.

regards
singh

---

From: Vijayanand C <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:38:43 +0530

IGMP takes care of sending a leave message to the router

Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of lahmadi
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 10:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: when member leaves the group

hi,

regards,