Subject: leave the group in IGMPv3

From: Abdelkader Lahmadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:28:53 +0200

hi Wilbert,
but in the 2) case the router can confuse between a host that want to 
block{A} and a host just want to leave the group .In my implementation of 
IGMPv3 router side, i want to know if a particular member had leave a group, 
so i think to use a timer by member and the router state will be:
(group, fmode, sources, members)
and a member will have this state:
(adress, timer).
the member timer will be update when the router receive a report from this 
host, if the member timer expires then the router will know that this host 
had leave the group.
Lahmadi

---

From: Wilbert de Graaf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:44:14 -0700

Hi Lahmadi,

That's right. If your implementation keeps track of membership of indivual
hosts, including it's source filters, you'll be able to tell that a host
dropped actually membership after you received it's BLOCK{A} since your
implementation could tell whether or not it's previous mode was INC{A}.

Wilbert