Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fenner-traceroute-ipm-01.txt

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:01:29 -0800

----- Begin forwarded message:

From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fenner-traceroute-ipm-01.txt
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:59:49 -0500
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

	Title		: A 'traceroute' facility for IP Multicast.
	Author(s)	: B. Fenner, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fenner-traceroute-ipm-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
This draft describes the IGMP multicast traceroute facility.
Unlike unicast traceroute, multicast traceroute requires a special
packet type and implementation on the part of routers.  This speci-
fication describes the required functionality in multicast routers,
as well as how management applications can use the new router func-
tionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fenner-traceroute-ipm-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fenner-traceroute-ipm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fenner-traceroute-ipm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

[Don't know how to fetch mail-server a3]
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

----- End forwarded message: