Subject: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-ace16x-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:56:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ACE using Extended Hex Values (ACE16x)
	Author(s)	: E. Chung, D. Leung
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-ace16x-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 28-Jun-01
	
ACE16x is a simplified version of DUDE [DUDE-02] that requires no 5 
bit or base-32 mapping.  ACE16x encoding results in a string that 
performs as well as DUDE technically. 
Instead of resorting to a quartet-to-quintet mapping mechanism, 
ACE16x simply uses the hex values with an extended hex (16x) scheme 
for compression.  In essence, instead of pre-pending an extra bit, 
ACE16x shifts the last quartet of a compressed code point up to 
another character.  Additionally, the 16x value is calculable 
instead of needing to be mapped.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-ace16x-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-ace16x-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-ace16x-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.