Subject: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-step-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 06:59:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: StepCode- A User Access Oriented IDN Encoding
	Author(s)	: L. Ye
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-step-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 01-Jun-01
	
This document describes a transformation method from an end user
into Unicode library for representing Chinese characters in host 
name parts in a fashion that is extendable to include more than 
Unicode symbols and completely compatible with the current DNS. 
It is a potential candidate for an ASCII-Compatible Encoding (ACE) 
for internationalized hostnames.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-step-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-step-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-step-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.