Subject: [idn] document pools active

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:06:14 -0400

Hi,
	the wg web page (http://www.i-d-n.net/#docpool) contains the document 
pools as proposed before. Current documents showing core of interest are: 
idna, nameprep, dude.
	on july 14th, all documents not showing core of interest will have to be 
resent as individual submissions.

Marc.

---

From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:40:18 -0400

Marc,

I'm confused. On the 26th you asked for comments and support. Today you
appear to be acting as if you'd received sufficient feedback. Just how
much approval did you get?

Eric

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:26:09 -0400

At/À 09:40 2001-06-29 -0400, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine you 
>much approval did you get?

- I counted 1 against (without any suggestion on alternatives), 1 with a 
comment on how to demonstrate core of interest, which was answered.
- and a lot of discussions on ACE.

So we are proceeding since we found no wg core against the proposed process.

Marc.

---

From: "D. J. Bernstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Jul 2001 00:36:59 -0000

> So we are proceeding since we found no wg core against the proposed process.

The IETF already has procedures for standardization and for WG activity.
You don't have the authority to change those procedures.

---Dan