Subject: Re: ace leaking (was: Re: [idn] Debunking the ACE myth)

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:38:24 -0400

why should you bother keeping two sites, when two domains that refer
to the same address will suffice?

maybe because it will get you more customers/viewers?

again, it's your choice.

> I agree.  Why should I keep two different sites, when I have a lot
> of other things to take care of?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:49:02 -0700

I agree.  Why should I keep two different sites, when I have a lot
of other things to take care of?   Unless I want two different sites
to separate the respondends.  In that case, I prefer to register two
sites.  I would not want an IDN, it may be one or two sites.

Liana

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:39:31 +0200 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Patrik_F=E4ltstr=F6m?=
<[email-masked]> writes:
> --On 01-07-24 09.27 -0400 Keith Moore <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > right.  I was talking about deliberate exposure of an ACE, not 
> accidental
> > exposure of an ACE.  I don't think that many people will 
> deliberately 
> > show people ACE names (say on a business card) and expect people 
> to
> > type them in.  They'll either show the native form of the name, or 
> they'll
> > show an ASCII DNS name, or both.
> 
> Just to continue this discussion in absurdum:
> 
> I don't want to be forced to register more than one domainname. Why 
> should
> I register something in US-ASCII only when we have IDN? I am not 
> interested
> in paying some registry and ISP for hosting an extra domain just 
> because
> some people can not type in adiaeresis. I rather expose the ACE and 
> let
> people fight with it (ugly as it is).
> 
>    paf
> 
>

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:07:07 +0900

Well, it can be the same site, but I guess what will happen
quite a bit is that the IDN site(s) will be in the respective
language, and the ASCII site in English, in cases where only
these two variants are done.

Regards,    Martin.