Subject: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:26:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Improving ACE using code point reordering v0.9
	Author(s)	: S. Lee
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 09-Jul-01
	
This document describes code point reordering to improve ACE 
compression algorithms. Based on frequency statistics of characater
sets, this reordering is easily implemented with simple character 
mapping tables.
DUDE implementation of this idea shows great improvements for
Hangul, Chineses, Vietnamese and European domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.