Subject: [idn] draft-ietf-idn-icdns-00.txt

From: "xiang deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:14:45 +0800

Internet Draft                                     Authors: Xiang Deng
<draft-ietf-idn-icdn-00.txt>                                Yan Fang Wang       
July , 2001                                                    
Expires in six months                                

                                                              
       The Implementation of Chinese character in IDN

Status of this Memo

This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with all 
provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering Task 
Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups. Note that other groups 
may also distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months 
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any 
time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference material 
or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

    The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
    http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

    The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
    http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Terminology

The key words "MUST", "SHALL", "REQUIRED", "SHOULD", "RECOMMENDED", and
"MAY" in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119
[RFC2119].

Abstract

This document mainly talks about Chinese characters and two proposed 
schemes of implemention based on [IDNREQ] and [NAMEPREP],though 
there are some differences among them.The distinction between these two schemes 
is the position of the implementation function:
    -- client side processing 
or 
    -- server side processing

In China, the most popular character set are [GBK],[BIG5],[GB18030],while
in this document,all examples are based on [UCS].