Subject: RE: [idn] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-arrouye-idn-ie5-resolution-00.txt

From: Yves Arrouye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:05:39 -0700

> right.  but if the document is published as an RFC then the title is
> frozen, even if the behavior of IE changes.    so the title could
> be misleading at some point.

Understood. Hopefully, in the process of publishing as an RFC, I'd get a
chance at changing the title, right? But I'll make it more clear when the
document will get revised, and will take your comments into account.

> as for documenting the disadvantages, you haven't even 
> scratched the surface.  
> for instance, you're giving support to at least one illegal 
> monopoly that 
> continues to use its power to victimize consumers..

Boy, I hope that my being [email-masked], a contributor to the ICU project
a number of you are using, and having done a number of other long-standing
contributions to free software, will save my soul :)

IMHO, the beneficiaries of such a setup are the people who bought names that
they could not use up to now. And I believe we both agree that a standard
will make this discussion moot, as everybody will then implement the
standard.

Regards,
YA