Subject: Re: [idn] REORDERING: stability issues and UTC solutions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 02:08:50 EDT

In a message dated 2001-10-22 8:41:07 Pacific Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

>  Instead of NFC, some script may need CASE mappings, i guess.
>  Current nameprep/ACE produce case-insensitively equivalent labels
>  for IDN  X.com and x.com.
>  Do you mean that all newly added SCRIPT won't have any case mapping ?

Of course there will be new scripts added to Unicode/10646 that have case 
mappings (although those proposed for Unicode 3.2 do not).  But I thought we 
were talking about reordering, not case mappings. I fear, once again, that 
the subject is being changed to divert us from the real issues surrounding 
the reordering proposal.

>  Doug, 
>  If you have lists of new scripts pending for approval,
>  please post them to this list for non-unicode experts.

See <http://www.unicode.org/pending/pending.html>.  This location always has 
the most up-to-date list of proposed scripts, along with an indication of how 
far along the "pending" path they are.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:56:07 -0700

I will mention also http://www.unicode.org/roadmaps/, which shows the future
planned allocations.

Mark
—————

Δός μοι ποῦ στῶ, καὶ κινῶ τὴν γῆν — Ἀρχιμήδης
[http://www.macchiato.com]