Subject: [idn] Is The IDN WGroup Still Active? Fwd: [IDNList] Registrar

From: [email-masked] (J. William Semich)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:18:12 -0400

Haven't heard anything on the IDN list since Sept 1, so I'm wondering if
maybe the list has gone dark?

FYI, this just in from Verisign

-- Bill Semich

>X-Authentication-Warning: imx3.pvt.lks.verisign-grs.net: majordomo set
>sender to [email-masked] using -f
>Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
>From: "VeriSign Global Registry Services" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [IDNList] Registrar Advisory: AMC-ACE- Z in the zones
>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:10:00 -0400
>X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0)
>Importance: Normal
>Sender: [email-masked]
>X-MIME-Autoconverted: from 8bit to quoted-printable by verisign-grs.com
id
>OAA23352
>
>To All IDN-Certified Registrars:
>
>VeriSign Global Registry Services (GRS) intends to move forward in the
>Internationalized Domain Name Testbed by placing the IDNs directly into
the
>.com, .net and .org zones.  The zones will be populated with the
AMC-ACE-Z
>v0.3.1 representation of the IDNs.  Registrars do not need to modify
any of
>their current registration processes to support this change.  All
existing
>IDNs originally registered with RACE will be valid under the AMC-ACE-Z
>encoding.

<snip>