Subject: [idn] core interest of the wg

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:30:02 +0800

UDNS & UNAME have been removed from the core interest of the wg. In
addition, with the selection of AMC-Z as the choosen ACE, the following
I-Ds will also be removed from core interest as it is not relevant
anymore.

MACE: Modal ASCII Compatible Encoding for IDN (draft-ietf-idn-mace)
DUDE: Differential Unicode Domain Encoding(draft-ietf-idn-dude)
Evaluation of various ACEs with existing Japanese Domain Names
(draft-ietf-idn-ace-eval-jp)

In addition,

Requirements of Internationalized Domain Names
(draft-ietf-idn-requirements)

have been move forward for IESG action, probably an IETF-wide Last Call.
Hence, any modification this draft will have to hold.

With this, the following drafts remains in the core interest of the wg.
I would like to remind the wg members to keep wg discussion to these
I-Ds only.

Internationalizing Host Names In Applications (IDNA)
(draft-ietf-idn-idna)
Preparation of Internationalized Host Names (draft-ietf-idn-nameprep)
Proposal for a determining process of ACE identifier
(draft-ietf-idn-aceid)
Japanese characters in multiling ual domain name label
(draft-ietf-idn-jpchar)
Traditional and Simplified Chinese Conversion (draft-ietf-idn-tsconv)
Hangeul NAMEPREP recommendation version 1.0(draft-ietf-idn-hangeulchar)
Improving ACE using code point reordering v1.0(draft-ietf-idn-lsb-ace)
AMC-ACE-Z version 0.2.1(draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z)

The wg charter page is outdated and will be updated to reflect this.

We encourage further submission of drafts but take note that no draft
will be accepted as wg drafts unless it comes with at least 7
supportors.

Lastly, we should relook at the the charter, goal&milestone. I will post
a prelimary draft for wg reviews sometime this week.

-James Seng

---

From: "Adam M. Costello" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:02:45 +0000

James Seng/Personal <[email-masked]> wrote:

> AMC-ACE-Z version 0.2.1 (draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z)

Version 0.2.1 (draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z-00) was superceded a month
ago by version 0.3.1 (draft-ietf-idn-amc-ace-z-01).

AMC

---

From: "James Seng/Personal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:45:52 +0800

> (draft-ietf-idn-ace-eval-jp)

I missed one more "ACE" draft

StepCode- A Mnemonic Internationalized Domain Name Encoding
(draft-ietf-idn-step)

-James Seng