Subject: [idn] internationalized email addresses

From: "Adam M. Costello" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 02:25:58 +0000

Work on IRIs appears to be well underway, but what about
internationalized email addresses?  Is it time to start that effort?  If
so, where should that discussion take place?

AMC

---

From: "James Seng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 10:50:23 +0800

See draft-faerber-i18n-email-netnews-names-00.txt

-James Seng

---

From: "Adam M. Costello" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 03:19:27 +0000

> See draft-faerber-i18n-email-netnews-names-00.txt

Are you suggesting that the discussion of internationalized email 
addresses take place on the usefor mailing list (at least for now)?

AMC

---

From: "James Seng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 11:42:02 +0800

No, I dont know where the discussion of i18n email should be carried. No
working group have been formed yet. But INTLOC seem to be the most logical
place to hold that discussion, IMHO.

-James Seng

---

From: Soobok Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:07:45 +0900

> > See draft-faerber-i18n-email-netnews-names-00.txt

I found this example in the draft: I think mbox name should have
different prefix and different stringprep profiles than IDN label 
because mbox name has differnt security considerations and 
administration/operational characteristics than IDN has.

Example:
     C: EHLO zq--frber-gra.muc.de
     C: MAIL FROM:<[email-masked]>