Subject: [idn] Revised IDN Guidelines Open for Public Comments

From: "Tina Dam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:43:49 -0700

I wanted to let you know that we posted the draft revised version of the IDN
Guidelines, for public comments.

http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-20sep05.htm

ICANN has opened a 30-day public comment period on a draft revised version
of the Guidelines for the Implementation of Internationalized Domain Names
("IDN Guidelines"). This draft reflects the experiences of the IDN
registries in the implementation of Version 1.0 of the guidelines.
Particular attention has been paid to concerns that have arisen about the
deceptive use of visually confusable characters from different scripts in
individual IDN labels.

As mentioned previously, following the comment period and any appropriate
amendments, the final version of the IDN Guidelines will be submitted to the
ICANN Board for endorsement.

Best regards,

Tina Dam
Chief gTLD Registry Liaison
ICANN
 
Office: +1-310-301-5838
Cell: +1-310-862-2026