Subject: Lifetime Lavishly

From: KIM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 05:28:10 +0000

Make up to $ 4706 per month wokrin g part-time on your pc at home ... Check the blog http://athomeorbit.pl.ua

regain their footing, fell with their riders into the water. Rodomont,
who knew the soundings of the stream, soon recovered the land; but
Florismart was carried downward by the current, and landed at last on a
bank of mud where his horse could hardly find footing. Flordelis, who
watched the battle from the bridge, seeing her lover in this piteous
case, exclaimed aloud, "Ah! Rodomont, for love of her whom dead you
honor, have pity on me, who love this knight, and slay him not. Let it
suffice he yields his armor to the pile, and none more glorious will it
bear than his." Her prayer, so well directed, touched the pagan's
heart, though hard to move, and he lent his aid to help the knight to
land. He kept him a prisoner, however, and added his armor to the pile.
Flordelis, with a heavy heart, went her way.

We must now return to Rogero, who, when we parted with him, was engaged
in an adventure which arrested his progress to the monastery whither hewas bound with the intention of receiving baptism, and thus qualifying
himself to demand Bradamante as his bride. On his way he met with
Mandricardo, and the quarrel was revived respecting the right to wear
the badge of Hector. After a warm discussion both parties agreed to
submit the question to King Agramant, and for that purpose took their
way to the Saracen camp. Here they met Gradasso, who had his
controversy also with Mandricardo. This warrior claimed the sword of
Orlando, denying the right of Mandricardo to possess it in virtue of
his having found it abandoned by its owner. King Agramant strove in
vain to reconcile these quarrels, and was forced at last to consent
that the points in dispute should be settled by one combat, in which
Mandricardo should meet one of the other champions, to whom should be
committed the cause of both. Rogero was chosen by lot to maintain
Gradasso's cause and his own. Great preparations were made for this
signal contest. On the appointed day it was fought in the presence ofAgramant, and of the whole army. Rogero won it; and Mandricardo, the
conqueror of Hector's arms, the challenger of Orlando, and the slayer
of Zerbino, lost his life. Gradasso received Durindana as his prize,
which lost half its value in his eyes, since it was won by another's
prowess, not his own.

Rogero, though victorious, was severely wounded, and lay helpless many
weeks in the camp of Agramant, while Bradamante, ignorant of the cause
of his delay, expected him at Montalban. Thither he had promised to
repair in fifteen days, or twenty at furthest, hoping to have obtained
by that time an honorable discharge from his obligations to the Saracen
commander. The twenty days were passed, and a month more, and still
Rogero came not, nor did any tidings reach Bradamante accounting for
his absence. At the end of that time, a wandering knight brought news
of the famous combat, and of Rogero's wound. He added, what alarmedBradamante still more, that Marphisa, a female warrior, young and fair,
was in attendance on the wounded knight. He added that the whole army
expected that, as soon as Rogero's wounds were healed, the pair would
be united in marriage.

Bradamante, distressed by this news, though she believed it but in
part, resolved to go immediately and see for herself. She mounted
Rabican, the horse of Astolpho, which he had committed to her care, and
took with her the lance of gold, though unaware of its wonderful
powers. Thus accoutred, she left the castle, and took the road toward
Paris and the camp of the Saracens.

Marphisa, whose devotion to Rogero in his illness had so excited the
jealousy of Bradamante, was the twin sister of Rogero. She, with him,
had been taken in charge when an infant by Atlantes, the magician, butwhile yet a child she had been stolen away by an Arab tribe. Adopted by
their chief, she had early learned horsemanship and skill in arms, and
at this time had come to the camp of Agramant with no other view than
to see and test for herself the prowess of the warriors of either camp,
whose fame rang through the world. Arriving at the very moment of the
late encounter, the name of Rogero, and some few facts of his story
which she learned, were enough to suggest the idea that it was her
brother whom she saw victorious in the single combat. Inquiry satisfied
the two of their near kindred, and from that moment Marphisa devoted
herself to the care of her new-found and much-loved brother.

In those moments of seclusion Rogero informed his sister of what he had
learned of their parentage from old Atlantes. Rogero, their father, a
Christian knight, had won the heart of Galaciella, daughter of the
Sultan of Africa, and sister of King Agramant, converted her to the