Subject: issue 65

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:27:05 -0700

65) Rules for Aggregating with MED and NEXT_HOP
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would suggest to replace:

   Routes that have the following attributes shall not be aggregated  
   unless the corresponding attributes of each route are identical:
   MULTI_EXIT_DISC, NEXT_HOP.

   If the aggregation occurs as part of the update process, routes with 
   different NEXT_HOP values can be aggregated when announced through an
   external BGP session.

   Path attributes that have different type codes can not be aggregated
   together. Path attributes of the same type code may be aggregated,
   according to the following rules:

with:

   Routes that have different MULTI_EXIT_DISC attribute SHALL NOT
   be aggregated. 

   Path attributes that have different type codes can not be aggregated
   together. Path attributes of the same type code may be aggregated,
   according to the following rules:

     NEXT_HOP: When aggregating routes that have different NEXT_HOP
     attribute, the NEXT_HOP attribute of the aggregated route SHALL
     identify an interface on the router that performs the aggregation.

In the absence of objections I am going to make the above change.

Yakov.