Subject: RE: issue 11

From: Dimitry Haskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:21:26 -0400

Dennis,

> 
> What you describe is a reasonable way to do this function, but I think
> the fact that it actually depends on the combination of component route
> AS paths into the aggregate route's AS path for the purpose of ensuring
> correct, loop-free routing, and that it can't be safely simulated by
simple
> redistribution policy, makes it unique enough to require more explanation
> than just a conceptual statement.

It can be approached at a slightly different angle. It is true that what
I've described requires more strict adherence to the aggregation rules
specified in the draft-17 document than in the most other aggregation cases.
However it may be better, if deemed necessary, to specify in the aggregation
section when and how the currently specified rules can be relaxed. 

> Dennis Ferguson

Regards,
 Dimitry