Subject: RE: issue 8

From: "Natale, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:27:01 -0400

I disagree, that would not reflect current implementations.  We are not
changing BGP, merely clarifying it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Fletcher [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 11:56 AM
To: Yakov Rekhter
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: issue 8

>    The amount of jitter to be introduced shall be determined by
>    multiplying the base value of the appropriate timer by a random
>    factor which is uniformly distributed in the range from 0.75 to
>    1.0.

I'd suggest "uniformly distributed in the range from 0.75 to 1.25"
to ensure the average is the configured interval.

Justin Fletcher

---

From: Justin Fletcher <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 09:38:26 -0700

> changing BGP, merely clarifying it.

Yes, you're correct, and would also indicate a change from RFC1771;
Yakov, consider the comment withdrawn.

The proposed timer text is very clear.

jf