Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:17:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to BGP to Support Secure Origin BGP (soBGP)
	Author(s)	: J. Ng
	Filename	: draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2002-10-29
	
There is a great deal of concern over the security of routing systems
within the Internet, particularly in relation to the Border Gateway
Protocol [BGP], which is used to provide routing information between
autonomous systems. This document proposes a system where the origin
of any advertisement within BGP can be verified and authenticated,
preventing the advertisement of prefix blocks by unauthorized
networks, and verifying that the final destination in the path is
actually within the autonomous system to which the packets are being
routed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.