Subject: bgp18 WG Last Call fsm delete action

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:41:15 -0000

In several places in the FSM, under Open Sent, Open Confirm,
Established states, there is an action relating to delete routes which
is variously described as

      Open Sent:

        - if there are any routes associated with the BGP session,
         delete these routes

        - if any routes are associated with te BGP session,
          delete the routes,

      Open Confirm State:

        - if any BGP routes, dete the routes

        - If any BGP routes exist, delete the routes,

        - deletes all routes associated with connection,

      Established State:

        - if any BGP routes exist, delete all BGP routes,

        - deletes all routes associated with bgp connection,

        - deletes all routes associated with connection,

        - deletes all routes associated with BGP connection,

If, as I believe, this is always the same action, then I would like
the same description in every case.  I suggest

        - deletes all routes associated with this connection,

Tom Petch
[email-masked]

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:15:03 -0800

Tom,

>         - deletes all routes associated with connection,

As Jeff indicated in his e-mail there are no routes in either
OpenSent or OpenConfirm, so there aren't any routes to delete.
I'll fix the text to reflect this.

>         - deletes all routes associated with this connection,

Accepted.

Yakov.