Subject: RE: bgp18 WG Last Call fsm delete action

From: "Venu Kumar G - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:18:43 +0530

HI,    
  
         I could not understand the idea behind addding   "deleting route
associated with BGP sessioon...x" text in OpenSent  and  OpenConfirm state.
We can only receive  routes  when we in "Established" state,  and their is
no action or event in FSM, with that we can move to "OpenConfirm" or "Open
Sent " State, when we are in "Established" state.

Venu G.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Petch [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 11:11 PM
To: idr
Subject: bgp18 WG Last Call fsm delete action

In several places in the FSM, under Open Sent, Open Confirm,
Established states, there is an action relating to delete routes which
is variously described as

      Open Sent:

        - if there are any routes associated with the BGP session,
         delete these routes

        - if any routes are associated with te BGP session,
          delete the routes,

      Open Confirm State:

        - if any BGP routes, dete the routes

        - If any BGP routes exist, delete the routes,

        - deletes all routes associated with connection,

      Established State:

        - if any BGP routes exist, delete all BGP routes,

        - deletes all routes associated with bgp connection,

        - deletes all routes associated with connection,

        - deletes all routes associated with BGP connection,

If, as I believe, this is always the same action, then I would like
the same description in every case.  I suggest

        - deletes all routes associated with this connection,

Tom Petch
[email-masked]