Subject: Re: BGP security in practice

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:35:52 -0500 (EST)

>>From the top of my head:
>communities in general.  NOPEER in particular.

OK, I knew about using communities to affect traffic flow.  Think I talked
about it at one meeting or aother (idr, rpsec) recently.

The vulnerabilities draft right now addresses only the base draft, with
a recognized need to write similar stuff for communities, confederations,
route reflectors, route refresh, ORF,....

--Sandy

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:42:56 -0500

> about it at one meeting or aother (idr, rpsec) recently.

idr I believe.

> route reflectors, route refresh, ORF,....

IMO, while dealing with all of the threats is worthwhile, 
addressing the inter-as threat model gives us the best bang for the
buck in the short term.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies