Subject: -18 last call comments

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:09:44 -0500

Last comments from my most recent readthrough of -18.  Tom Petch
catches all of the FSM comments I wanted to make:

We refer to 1772.  Do we wish to do this considering that we want to
rev 1772?

Capitalization of magic words such as MUST and SHOULD should be done.

Update message error subcode 7 is removed.  Especially in -18,
it looks like an editing mistake based on where it would fall
in the editing..

5.1.4: "See section 9.1.2.2 for necessary RESTRICTIONS on this"

9.1:
The output of the Decision Process is the set of routes that will be
advertised to (delete all) peers; the selected routes will be stored
in the local speaker's Adj-RIB-Out according to policy.

The previous wording implied that routes in the LocRib MUST be placed
in the adj-rib-out.

Reference to IDRP should be ISO10747 not IS10747.

Aside from this, things are looking very good.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:46:57 -0800

Jeff,

> We refer to 1772.  Do we wish to do this considering that we want to

1772 is in the non-normative section. I think we could keep it there,
and keep the references as well.

> Capitalization of magic words such as MUST and SHOULD should be done.

It should be done *as appropriate*. Therefore, if you think there
are places where it is *appropriate* to do capitalization, please
point them out.

> it looks like an editing mistake based on where it would fall

From Appendix A:

  UPDATE Message Error subcode 7 (AS Routing Loop) has been deprecated.
  
> 5.1.4: "See section 9.1.2.2 for necessary RESTRICTIONS on this"

Fixed.

> The previous wording implied that routes in the LocRib MUST be placed

fixed.

> Reference to IDRP should be ISO10747 not IS10747.

No, it should be IS10747.

> Aside from this, things are looking very good.

Thanks !!!

Yakov.