Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-02.txt

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:11:51 +0100

idr working group, (mpls wg copied for information)

this is to initiate a last call on

    <draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-02.txt>

The last call has been requested by the ADs and OKed by idr wg chairs.
The draft is a product of the mpls working group.

    In some scenarios BGP is used a the Label Distribution Protocol.
    A mechanism for BGP that would help minimize  the negative effects
    on routing caused by BGP restart is described in "Graceful Restart
    Mechanism for BGP" <draft-ietf-idr-restart-05>.
    <draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-02.txt> extends this mechanism to
    also minimize the negative effects on MPLS forwarding caused by a
    restart of BGP when BGP is used to carry MPLS labels and the LSR
    (Label Switching Router) is capable of preserving the MPLS forwarding
    state across the restart.

Since the IETF meeting is upcoming and this is normally busy weeks, this
last call ends November 29th 5 PM EST.

/Loa

-- 
     Loa Andersson
     Chief Architect,
     Utfors Research, Architecture and Future Lab (URAX)
     Utfors AB
     Råsundavägen 12
     Box 525, 169 29 Solna
     Office          +46 8 5270 2000
     Office direct   +46 8 5270 5038
     Mobile          +46 70 848 5038
     Email           [email-masked]
     WWW             www.utfors.se