Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-10.txt -- optional attribu tes

From: "Natale, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:35:59 -0500

There seems to be no graceful method of dealing with the fact 
that some attributes are optional, other than just defining a 
value of the attribute to mean that the attribute is not 
present.  But this method obviously has problems.  Did I miss 
something?  Or if this is to be "the method", I suggest that 
the specific value, to mean that the attribute is not 
present, be defined for all optional attributes.

Thank you.

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:31:42 -0500

Jonathon,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:35:59AM -0500, Natale, Jonathan wrote:
> present.

I am missing some context here.  Could you give a more specific example?

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies