Subject: Re: BGP security in practice

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:57:46 -0500 (EST)

>Right, but if we're only talking as paths, that might be doable.
>But if we're talking about "he did *foo* to this route here", it
>becomes more problematic.  Consider a change of other transitive
>attributes.

I see a suggestion here that you think there are vulnerabilties to
BGP through other transitive attributes.  Such vulnerabilities would
be good to add to the bgp vulnerabilities draft.  Could you let me
know what you think should be added?  I'd really like to be complete.

--Sandy

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:05:01 -0500

> know what you think should be added?  I'd really like to be complete.

From the top of my head:
communities in general.  NOPEER in particular.

It also occurs to me (courtesy of a NANOG conversation) that one
can do incredibly evil things to traffic flows that is difficult
to catch just by tweaking route origin.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies