Subject: context for talk and previous messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:30:16 -0500 (EST)

I sent two messages to the list yesterday, the first containing my slides
and the second containing a correction of a typo in the first.  Only the
second made it to the list, so that message was pretty cryptic.

I tried again today, but it's been over an hour and still nothing on the list.

I suspect that "big" (200K) messages are getting shunted aside for human
oversight, and the human overseer is swamped.

So, just for context of my second message, here's the text part of my
first message that the second message corrects:

*****************************************************

Here are the slides that I presented at the idr meeting.

Sue told me that she thought that some people did not have context for my 
talk.  I thought Sue suggested my slides from the Minneapolis meeting had 
that context, but those slides are focused on status and updates.  So, for 
those who need some background, here is the recent history of the 
discussions of the draft.

Dec 01 discussion of draft-ietf-murphy-bgp-secr-04.txt
    (decided to split that draft into two)
    www.ietf.org/proceedings/01dec/slides/idr-3/index.html
Mar 02 discussion of draft-murphy-bgp-vuln-00.txt (the vulnerabilities
    half of the ..-bgp-secr draft)
    http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/idr/2002-04/msg00004.html
    (unfortunately, slides did not make it to the proceedings)
Jul 02 mentioned in status of documents, but no presentation
Nov 02 discussion of security, but no presentation
    (draft-murphy-bgp-protect-01.txt submitted, date change only)
(***  this is the line with the typo  - my message that made it to the list 
corrected ***
  ***  this to read "draft-murphy-bgp-vuln-01.txt"                   ***)
Mar 03 status report on changes in draft draft-murphy-bgp-vuln-02.txt
    (changes needed to bring into line with FSM)
    slides attached to this message

--Sandy