Subject: [Idr] FSM Text for section 8.1.2

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:46:22 -0400

Implementors and BGP FSM geeks: 

What should happen if the optional attributes are not set
as they should for Events 1-8.  In the current text,
I have the local system only issuing a warning.

Should a stronger tact be taken?

Sue

========

8.1.2 Administrative Events

   An administrative event is an event in which the operator interface
   and BGP Policy engine signal the BGP finite state machine to start 
   or stop the BGP state machine.  The basic start and stop indication
   are augmented by optional connection attributes to signal a certain
   type of start or stop mechanism to the BGP FSM. An example of this 
   combination is event 5:  AutomaticStart_with_PassiveTcpEstablishment.
   With this event, the BGP implementatin signals to the BGP FSM
   that the implementation is using an Automatic Start with option
   to use a Passive TCP Establishment.  The Passive TCP establishment
   signals that this BGP FSM will wait for the remote side to start
   the TCP establishment. 

|| Please note that only Event 1 (ManualStart) and Event 2 (ManualStop)
   are mandatory administrative events. All other administrative
   events are optional (Events 3-8).   Each event below has a name,
   definition, status (mandatory or optional), and what optional session
   attributes SHOULD be set at each stage.  When generating Event1 
   through Event8 for the BGP FSM, conditions specified in the 
   Optional Attribute Status section are verified. If 
|| any of them is not satisfied, then the local system should log a FSM
|| error.  

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr