Subject: [Idr] I-D ACTION:draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt

From: Srikanth Chavali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:41:41 -0400

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

I-D ACTION:draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt

To: IETF-Announce: ;

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:15:41 -0400

Reply-to: [email-masked]

Sender: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title : Peer Prefix Limits Exchange in BGP
Author(s) : S. Chavali et al.
Filename : draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt
Pages : 14
Date : 2003-9-25

This document proposes a mechanism to allow BGP peers to coordinate
the setting of a limit on the number of prefixes which one BGP
speaker will send to its peer. Coordination can prevent disruption
of the peering session or discarding of routes, which can occur when
a maximum prefix limit is configured on the 'receiving' peer, and the
'sending' peer exceeds the limit.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt".

NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-00.txt>

Prev by Date:
I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-03.txt

Next by Date:
I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2006bis-03.txt

Previous by thread:
I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-03.txt

Next by thread:
I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-rfc2006bis-03.txt

Index(es):

Date

Thread