Subject: [Idr] Secure Interdomain Routing BOF

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:39:12 -0700

Folks-

 We're going to have a BOF in Vancouver to discuss mechanisms for securing
 Internet inter-domain routing. Please subscribe to the list, and mark you
 calendars. Information below. It is currently scheduled on Thur,
 9:00-11:30am.

-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin

Name of the BOF: Secure Interdomain Routing (SIDR)
Area: Routing
Chairs: Geoff Huston
Sponsoring ADs: Alex Zinin, Bill Fenner

The RPSEC WG has been working on security requirements for the Internet
routing system in general and the BGP routing protocol in particular. While
considerable progress has been made so far, formulation of the complete set
of requirements can take some time. At the same time, there's a shared
understanding in the IETF community that architectural and protocol work on
securing interdomain routing needs to start, as it will take time to
formulate an architectural approach and associated protocol interactions,
develop implementations and see first deployments.

The goal of this BOF is to discuss creation of an extensible interdomain
routing security architecture that would form the foundation of an approach
that incrementally defines security features for BGP, while the discussion
on requirements progresses. The expected outcome is an agreement on the
initial set of security features that such an architecture would provide.

It is not a goal of this BOF to choose between SBGP and SoBGP.

Agenda:
 1. Introduction and current status                        [15m]
 2. Brief overview of currently proposed solutions         [30m]
 3. Description of proposed work                           [15m]
 4. Discussion                                             [60m]

Mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe: [email-masked]

Reading material:

 Requirements:

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-07.txt
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-bgpsecrec-02.txt

 SoBGP:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-white-sobgp-architecture-01.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-01.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weis-sobgp-certificates-01.txt

 SBGP:
   SBGP web page: http://www.net-tech.bbn.com/sbgp/sbgp-index.html

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr