Subject: [Idr] BGP-RIP interaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:28:17 +0200

Hi,

I work on routing protocols and have several questions about the
interactions between BGP and RIP :
Can we redistribute routes learned by BGP in RIP (like with OSPF)? And if
so, can BGP attributes be "translated" in RIP metric ,or will all
redistributed routes get the same RIP  (default) metric? Thanks in advance
for your help.

Best regards,

Laurence Duquerroy

RT/ST
Research Department / Advanced Telecom Satellite Systems
Tel : 33 (0)5-34-35-63-06  /  Fax : 33 (0)5-34-35-55-60
E-Mail : [email-masked]

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. ALCATEL ALENIA SPACE (and its subsidiaries)
shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a
sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle,
est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'internet ne permettant pas
d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, ALCATEL ALENIA SPACE (et ses filiales)
decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce message, dans l'hypothese
ou il aurait ete modifie.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:26:15 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] writes:
> interactions between BGP and RIP : Can we redistribute routes learned
> by BGP in RIP (like with OSPF)? And if so, can BGP attributes be
> "translated" in RIP metric ,or will all redistributed routes get the
> same RIP (default) metric? Thanks in advance for your help.
>  
> Best regards,
>  
> Laurence Duquerroy
>  
> RT/ST

Based on your notice we should not respond to your message and notify
you that it was receive in error.  

Unless I'm mistaken in the US due to a court ruling in the 1980s if a
confidentiality warning is routinely sent on non-confidential
correspondence the warning is considered invalid on everything it is
sent on.  I'm not a lawyer so if you are concerned about this check
with one (or refer your IT department to one since they are adding
this).

Curtis