Subject: [Idr] RFC3065bis Implementation Survey

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:49:02 -0600

Folks,
If you've implemented AS Confederations for BGP could you
please complete the following questionnaire and get your
responses back to me ASAP?

Note that I plan to update the -04 version of BGP Confederations ID
(to keep it's expiry from triggering) but no technical changes are
planned.

Thanks in advance!

-danny

==================
AS Confederations for BGP Implementation Survey

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-rfc3065bis-04.txt

Contact and implementation Information or person filling
out this form:

Does your implementation follow the procedures outlined in the
Operation Section of [RFC3065bis]?

Does your implementation recognize the two AS_CONFED
Segment Types (AS_CONFED_SET and AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE)
defined in [RFC3065bis]

Does your implementation use it's Member-AS number in all
transactions with peers that are members of the same BGP
confederation as the local speaker?

Does your implementation treat receipt of an AS_PATH attribute
containing an autonomous system matching its own AS Confederation
Identifier in the same fashion as if it had received a path
containing its own AS number?

Does your implementation treat receipt of an AS_PATH attribute
containing an AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE or AS_CONFED_SET which
contains its own Member-AS Number in the same fashion as if it had
received a path containing its own AS number?

Does your implementation follow the AS_PATH Modification Rules
outlined in [RFC3065bis]?

Does your implementation follow the Error Handling procedures
outlined in [RFC3065bis]?

Does your implementation follow the Path Selection guidelines outlined
in [RFC3065bis]?

List other implementations that you have tested for Autonomous
System Confederations for BGP [RFC3065bis]:

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr