Subject: Re: [Idr] 4 octet AS extended communities as an IDR WG document

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:36:33 -0800

Folks,

Due to the lack of sufficient interest
draft-rekhter-as4octet-ext-community-00.txt is not going to
be accepted at the *present* time as an IDR WG document. For
the time being the authors agreed to maintain this document
as an individual contribution.

Yakov.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:06:10 -0800

Hi Yakov,

Just out of curiosity ... what do you call a "lack of sufficient 
interest" ? I counted about 8 positive feedbacks and 0 negative. I think 
there is no more 20 folks who constructively participate in IDR WG so 
that makes 40% of support. More then sufficient IMHO.

Btw since we are at it ... even more folks supported AS hopcount. Is 
this also going to remain an individual contribution ?

Cheers,
R.

PS. IMHO if criteria like those continue we will be force to define some 
new way (web based voting) on the WG drafts acceptance where majority of 
votes wins even if majority means 2 for and 1 against vote.

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:25:53 -0800

> Btw since we are at it ... even more folks supported AS hopcount.  
> Is this also going to remain an individual contribution ?

AS hopcount was accepted and is on my plate to submit a revised WG  
draft.

Tony

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:34:52 -0800

Robert,

> that makes 40% of support. More then sufficient IMHO.

Compare this with the AS hopcount document. For that document we
got 15 folks supporting it (excluding authors).
  
> this also going to remain an individual contribution ?

No, it is accepted as an IDR WG document - see Tony's reply. 

Yakov.