Subject: [Idr] WG minutes

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:39:11 -0800

Folks,

Attached are the WG minutes. Thanks to Scott Brim for taking the notes.

Please review/comment. The deadline is Dec 18, 2007.

Yakov.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Notes from IDR, Monday 1740

IDR WG document status update, Sue Hares & Yakov Rekhter

  See slide.

  Still no procedures for assigning communities.  Dave Ward will write a
  short draft.  Discuss on mailing list.

Discussion of whether it's okay to get a hum on link-state interdomain
routing.  Conclusion: Not now.

BGP IPsec Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute:
draft-berger-idr-encaps-ipsec-00.txt, Lou Berger, Russ White.

  See slides.  Only comments not on slides included here.

  Exclude AH?

  Not security-reviewed yet.  Necessary.

  SAFI is the foundation, but move it to softwires since this is not
  an IDR requirement.

  Comments:

    - John Scudder would like to see a version that expands on
      no-label and multiple-next-hop options.  Lou asks for text.
      John agrees.

    - Yakov: whether to support multiple next hops to a destination? 
      Variations on this topic has been discussed in the IDR WG
      before (both multiple next hops, and multiple routes
      to a destination). This topic is broader than encap-ipsec,
      and therefore has to be discussed on its own. Encap-ipsec
      should not provide its own way of handling this.

    - Rahul: re alt-address, if using 2547, different RDs provides you
      with what you need today.  Lou: "without optimization, would
      need to advertise prefixes for each next-hop".  So he agrees
      there is a mechanism.  Rahul: don't need another.  Yakov: don't
      need yet another flavor.  Lou and Russ: don't care, will look at
      generic mechanisms and see if adequate.  Lou: seems reasonable
      alt address should be removed from next version.

    - Brian Dickson: something about withdraws including next_hop.
      Lou: write a draft.  Yakov: already was a draft.  

    - Proposing that this be a WG doc?  No, not here.  Move it to
      softwires.  DWard prefers if you wrote another version of the
      draft and asked to present it at softwires.  Alain agrees.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:54:43 -0800

>      no-label and multiple-next-hop options.  Lou asks for text.

I didn't agree to provide any text for the draft, which is what the  
above would seem to suggest.

--John