Subject: [Idr] Sub-Type of 4-octet AS specific extended community

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:09:38 +0900 (JST)

Hello all,

I want a clarification with regard to (Sub-)Type Field value of
4-octet AS specific extended community.

From section 5 of RFC4893 "BGP Support for Four-octet AS Number Space",

|                                      Quite clearly this would not
|work for BGP speakers that use 4-octets Autonomous System numbers.
|Such BGP speakers should use the Four-octet AS Specific Extended
|Communities [AS-EXT-COM] instead.

[AS-EXT-COM] is pointing draft-rekhter-as4octet-ext-community.
And in the draft no types other than the followings are described.

|Name                                     Type Value
|----                                     ----------
|four-octet AS specific Route Target       0x0202
|four-octet AS specific Route Origin       0x0203

What (Sub-)Type value should be used in other networks, e.g. in
The Internet?

Best regards,
-- 
Tomohiko Kurahashi <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr