Subject: [Idr] Sub-Type of 4-octet AS specific extended community

From: Tomohiko Kurahashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:51:57 +0900 (JST)

Hello list,

This post is duplicated since I found the previous mail isn't archived
correctly and hasn't been delivered to myself yet. I apologize first if
you receive my mail twice.

Well, I want a clarification with regard to (Sub-)Type Field value of
4-octet AS specific extended community. From section 5 of RFC4893
"BGP Support for Four-octet AS Number Space",

                                          Quite clearly this would not
    work for BGP speakers that use 4-octets Autonomous System numbers.
    Such BGP speakers should use the Four-octet AS Specific Extended
    Communities [AS-EXT-COM] instead.

[AS-EXT-COM] is pointing draft-rekhter-as4octet-ext-community, and in
the draft no types other than the followings are described.

    Name                                     Type Value
    ----                                     ----------
    four-octet AS specific Route Target       0x0202
    four-octet AS specific Route Origin       0x0203

Both types above are for BGP-MPLS VPN. Now, what (Sub-)Type value should
be used in other networks, e.g. in The Internet?

Best regards,
-- 
Tomohiko Kurahashi <[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr