Subject: [Idr] draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-01 submitted

From: "Samita Chakrabarti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:40:19 -0700

The new draft is available at :

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-01.t
xt

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
-Samita

----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 5:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-01

A new version of I-D, draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Samita Chakrabarti and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-chakrabarti-idr-as4-route-cap
Revision:	 01
Title:		 AS4-specific RD/RT/SOO Capability exchange
Creation_date:	 2008-07-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 7

Abstract:
RFC 4893 defines BGP support for four-octet AS number space for
handling AS_PATH attributes and "My ASN" value in BGP OPEN messages.
Foue-Octet AS specific Extended Community attribute formats are
defined in draft-rekhter-as4octet-ext-community-03.txt.  However, an
implementation compliant to RFC 4893 does not necessarily provide
support for 4-Octet Route-distinguisher, Route-target or Site-of-
origin in the BGP-MPLS-VPN.  Thus BGP capability exchange for
extended AS number attribute does not cover the BGP-MPLS-VPN AS4-
specific route-attributes and route-distinguishers.  This document
proposes an optional BGP capability exchange between the Provider
Edge (PE) routers in order to communicate the intention of handling
4-Octet or 2-Octet exteneded AS-specific Route-targets or Site-of-
Origins or being able to handle and inteprete the 4-Octet route-
distinguishers correctly.  This capability parameter will be part of
OPEN message during the BGP session initiation.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 00:47:33 -0400

The new drafts are available at :

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dickson-idr-well-ordered-nth-best-01.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dickson-add-paths-ordered-01.txt

Thanks,
Brian

P.S. I will be presenting these in Dublin. Please try to find time to 
look them over, if you can. :-)
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr