Subject: [Idr] New Draft Notifications - draft-dickson-idr-well-ordered-nth-best and draft-dickson-add-paths-ordered

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:01:41 -0400

Since we're getting closer to the time when everyone is looking at 
things for Dublin, I have split the "second-best" draft into two parts,
and cleaned it up a lot.

Since I'll be presenting these in Dublin, this would be a good time to 
give them a look.

I'm also working on coding up a (reference) implementation, via a patch 
to quagga.
I hope to have that done before Dublin, and possibly have some example 
results to share.

I would certainly appreciate further reviews and feedback, including 
opinions on support for adoption the ID (private encouragement is fine.)

Thanks,

Brian Dickson

P.S. Before anyone mentions it, yes, I know that my add-paths is heavily 
borrowed from the draft-walton add-paths.
The authors of that ID had previously signaled their intention to update 
it. However, as that was two IETFs ago, I have no other choice than to 
proceed with this version.
If the original authors update their ID (e.g. incorporating my changes), 
I'll defer to their version, as theirs was the original and published first.
Otherwise, the acknowledgments section of my draft will memorialize 
their original contributions to the draft.

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-idr-well-ordered-nth-best-01.txt has 
been successfuly submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:        draft-dickson-idr-well-ordered-nth-best
Revision:        01
Title:           Enhanced BGP Capabilities for Exchanging Additional 
Nth-Best Paths
Creation_date:   2008-07-13
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-add-paths-ordered-01.txt has been 
successfuly submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-dickson-add-paths-ordered
Revision:        01
Title:           Enhanced BGP Capabilities for Exchanging Second-Best Paths
Creation_date:   2008-07-13
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr