Subject: [Idr] "Deprecation of BGP AS_SET, AS_CONFED_SET" MAY nit.

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:16:20 -0600

Warren:

Hi!  How are you?

I was just looking at the -01 version of your ID, and I have a small
nit.

Section 4 (Deplyoment) reads:

   It is worth noting that new technologies (such as those that take
   advantage of the "X.509 Extensions for IP Addresses and AS
   Identifiers" ([RFC3779]) MAY not support routes with AS_SETs /
   AS_CONFED_SETs in them, and MAY treat as infeasible routes containing
   them.

"MAY" should be written in lower case.

That's it!  As I said, small nit. :-)

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:28:09 -0500

> "MAY" should be written in lower case.

I'm assuming you meant the first "MAY", I *think* the second one is / should be a big MAY...

Thoughts?

> That's it!  As I said, small nit. :-)

Nah, thank *you*,
W

---

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:08:33 -0600

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Warren Kumari
> Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Warren:

...
> >   AS_CONFED_SETs in them, and MAY treat as infeasible routes
> >   containing them.
> >

I meant both.

The draft is not specifying any requirements for the "new technologies",
just an opinion on what may happen...so "MAY" should not be anywhere
(even though it's true that those systems *may* threat the routes as
unfeasible).

Thanks!

Alvaro.