Subject: [Idr] RFC 6938 on Deprecation of BGP Path Attributes: DPA, ADVERTISER, and RCID_PATH / CLUSTER_ID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6938

        Title:      Deprecation of BGP Path Attributes: 
                    DPA, ADVERTISER, and RCID_PATH / CLUSTER_ID 
        Author:     J. Scudder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 3875
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-dpa-etal-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6938.txt

This document requests IANA to deprecate the following BGP path
attributes: DPA, ADVERTISER, and RCID_PATH / CLUSTER_ID, associated
with an abandoned Internet-Draft and a Historic RFC.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC