Subject: [Idr] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5575 (3610)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5575,
"Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5575&eid=3610

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Sergey Antipov <[email-masked]>

Section: 4

Original Text
-------------
   If a given component type within a prefix in unknown, the prefix in
   question cannot be used for traffic filtering purposes by the
   receiver.  Since a flow specification has the semantics of a logical
   AND of all components, if a component is FALSE, by definition it
   cannot be applied.  However, for the purposes of BGP route
   propagation, this prefix should still be transmitted since BGP route
   distribution is independent on NLRI semantics.

Corrected Text
--------------
   If a given component type within a prefix is unknown, the prefix in
   question cannot be used for traffic filtering purposes by the
   receiver.  Since a flow specification has the semantics of a logical
   AND of all components, if a component is FALSE, by definition it
   cannot be applied.  However, for the purposes of BGP route
   propagation, this prefix should still be transmitted since BGP route
   distribution is independent of NLRI semantics.

Notes
-----
Two minor typos:
- If a given component type within a prefix _in_ unknown
- independent _on_

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5575 (draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules
Publication Date    : August 2009
Author(s)           : P. Marques, N. Sheth, R. Raszuk, B. Greene, J. Mauch, D. McPherson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG