Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:47:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP Custom Decision Process
	Author(s)       : Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-05-20

Abstract:
   The BGP specification defines a Decision Process for installation of
   routes into the Loc-RIB.  This process takes into account an
   extensive series of path attributes, which can be manipulated to
   indicate preference for specific paths.  It is cumbersome (if at all
   possible) for the end user to define policies that will select, after
   partial comparison, a path based on subjective local (domain and/or
   node) criteria.

   This document defines a new Extended Community, called the Cost
   Community, which may be used in tie breaking during the best path
   selection process.  The end result is a local custom decision
   process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/