Subject: [Idr] [idr] Comments on draft-ray-idr-route-constrain-scope-00

From: Zhuangshunwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:50:20 +0000

Dear Authors,
Maybe following draft has also presented the same problem, please check:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dong-idr-vpn-route-constrain-02.txt

   Constrained Route Distribution for BGP based Virtual Private Networks
                                  (VPNs)
                 draft-dong-idr-vpn-route-constrain-02.txt

Abstract

   There are some problems with current RT-Constrain mechanism defined
   in RFC 4684. Firstly, the IPv6 address specific Route Target defined
   in [RFC5701] cannot be accommodated in current RT membership NLRI.
   Secondly, the distribution of RT-Constrain information cannot build
   correct VPN distribution graph when hierarchical route reflection (RR)
   is  used.  Thirdly,  current  RT-Constrain  mechanism  is  used  for
   filtering of all kinds of VPN services and can result in imprecise
   VPN route distribution when multiple VPN services are deployed in the
   network.

...

Regards,

Vincent