Subject: [Idr] RFC 7153 on IANA Registries for BGP Extended Communities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7153

        Title:      IANA Registries for BGP Extended 
                    Communities 
        Author:     E. Rosen, Y. Rekhter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 30557
        Updates:    RFC 4360, RFC 5701

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7153.txt

This document reorganizes the IANA registries for the type values and
sub-type values of the BGP Extended Communities attribute and the BGP
IPv6-Address-Specific Extended Communities attribute.  This is done
in order to remove interdependencies among the registries, thus
making it easier for IANA to determine which codepoints are available
for assignment in which registries.  This document also clarifies the
information that must be provided to IANA when requesting an
allocation from one or more of these registries.  These changes are
compatible with the existing allocations and thus do not affect
protocol implementations.  The changes will, however, impact the
"IANA Considerations" sections of future protocol specifications.
This document updates RFC 4360 and RFC 5701.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC