Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation-04.txt> (Reservation of Last Autonomous System (AS) Numbers) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:07:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Reservation of Last Autonomous System (AS) Numbers'
  <draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-04-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document reserves two Autonomous System numbers (ASNs) at the
   end of the 16 bit and 32 bit ranges, described in this document as
   "Last ASNs" and provides guidance to implementers and operators on
   their use.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: David Farmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:54:26 -0500

I support the document.

One small nit, the second and third paragraphs of the IANA 
Considerations section seem to duplicate each other.

Thanks.

-- 
================================================
David Farmer               Email: [email-masked]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952
================================================