Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-10.txt> (North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:50:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP'
  <draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
   called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
   current state of the connections within the network, including
   traffic engineering information.  This is information typically
   distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network.

   This document describes a mechanism by which links state and traffic
   engineering information can be collected from networks and shared
   with external components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is
   achieved using a new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information
   (NLRI) encoding format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and
   virtual IGP links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy
   control.

   Applications of this technique include Application Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) servers, and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1864/