Subject: [Idr] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-communities-00.txt

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 00:09:15 +0100

A new version of I-D, draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-communities-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Raszuk and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-communities
Revision:       00
Title:          Registered Wide BGP Community Values
Document date:  2015-03-07
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          17
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-communities-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-communities/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-communities-00

Abstract:
   Communicating various routing policies via route tagging plays an
   important role in external BGP peering relations.  The most common
   tool used today to attach various information about routes is
   realized with the use of BGP communities.  Such information is
   important for the peering AS to perform some mutually agreed actions
   without the need to maintain a separate offline database for each
   pair of prefix and an associated with it requested set of action
   entries.

   This document proposes to establish a new IANA maintained registry of
   most commonly used Wide BGP Communities by network operators.  Such
   public registry will allow for easy refernece and clear
   interpretation of the actions associated with received community
   values.

The IETF Secretariat