Subject: [Idr] Comments on draft-vandevelde-idr-ipv6-flowspec-imp

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 16:25:54 -0400

I would like to encourage the authors to clarify interop point E3:
   o  E3: Extended Community - redirect

In particular, this is because redirect communities have gotten some recent
scrutiny.  draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-06 adds support for RFC 5701 with a 
new redirect community. draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-rt-bis-04, which is
in IETF Last Call, clarifies existing redirect behaviors.  Finally, the
interop report itself seems to include a redirect example that appears to be
an instance of draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-02.

As an early data point, Juniper does not currently support VRFs using
IPv6-specific route-targets, nor the IPv6-specific community referenced in
the flowspec-v6 draft.

-- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:25:01 -0700
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Personal ID list of [email-masked] notification: Changes on draft-vandevelde-idr-ipv6-flowspec-imp

Hello,

This is a notification from the Personal ID list of [email-masked].

Document: draft-vandevelde-idr-ipv6-flowspec-imp,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-idr-ipv6-flowspec-imp

Change:
New version available: *draft-vandevelde-idr-ipv6-flowspec-imp-02.txt*

Best regards,

        The datatracker draft tracking service
        (for the IETF Secretariat)

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: "VAN DE VELDE, Gunter (Gunter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:53:28 +0000

Hi Jeff,

The implementation draft when created originally was focussed around draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-06 implementation and compatibility testing to aid in progress of this proposed standard track document. Main goal is to test that the NLRI exchanged works and that the routers can see the content of the information exchanged.

My idea was that we could do a additional document for draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-rt-bis-04 if that makes sense to proceed? (that would lead to one proposed standard document with its implementation report document)

Be well,
G/