Subject: [Idr] Monday (7/21/2015) - nodes for IDR - Rought

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 07:19:09 -0400

Admin Trivia 

============

Agenda Bashing and Status Q&A 3 minutes

Due to the short IDR meetings. 

 The status is online. 

 http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/idr/trac/wiki/idr-draft-status

 The chairs will answer questions on status on Monday.  

Existing Work: [30 minutes ] 

==============

draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe. 3 minutes 

(Stefano Previdi) [17:40-17:45]

Discussion: None 

draft-ietf-idr-te-lsp-distribution        7 minutes 

 (Jie Dong)        [17:45-17:52]

Discussion: None 

draft-ietf-idr-bgp-optimal-route-reflection 5 minutes 

 (Bruno Decraene) [17:55-18:00] 

 Discussion: none 

ietf-rs-bfd       [18:00-18:10]           5 minutes

[Discussion: None ]

draft-jdurand-auto-bfd-00                 3 minutes  

[not attending] 

Update on proposed drafts [30 minutes]

========================  [18:20-18:50]

draft-keyupate-idr-bgp-prefix-sid        5 minutes 

 (Stefano Previdi)[18:10-18:15]

Discussion: 

 Stefano: We want to have WG adoption call? 

 John: How many have read the draft? [~25 people]

John: How many think this is ready for adoption [~20 draft]

Sue: We will do a WG adoptioin call. 

 draft-walton-bgp-hostname-capability-00  10 minutes 

 (Daniel Walton)  [18:15-18:25]

Discussion: 

 1) Joe Sideck: I provided feedback that this is not the best idea.

Daniel: Some people liked it. 

 Joe: We did reverse DNS. 

 Daniel: We cannot do reverse DNS. 

 xxx: (problem with the draft )

Daniel: Please detail this on the mailer. 

 Jared: You should not use link-local address for the BGP. 

 Using this provides a non-discriminate address.  You can make one mistake

and you will get into difficulties with the.

Setting up the reverse DNS is not hard.  You can get help with it. 

 A lot of these routes are linux basis may sent out email. 

 Having the DNS can help you with the transmission of the log files. 

 I do know have experience you have with networks. 

 Daniel: We have many customers. They do not type out the link-local
address.

John: Is the router exposed to the Internet network.  Most of these 

 are in the DC. 

 Jared: Is the Data Center connected to the INternet. 

 Rudieger:  Add a column for summary, and instead of what you are 

 putting out - add another one.  Put the router-id out. Your

identifier should be very clear. 

 Jeff: The IESG wants to have interoperable situations. 

 You do not want to use DNS. Expanded into the ____. 

 John: Any further comments or fun. 

 draft-fang-idr-bgplu-for-hsdn            20 minutes 

 [Luyuan Fang]    [18:20-18:40]

Lucy: Is this allocation for any type of package? Is there multicast? 

 Luyuan: We are just using the pipeline?