Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 02:19:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing Egress Peer Engineering BGP-LS Extensions
        Authors         : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Saikat Ray
                          Keyur Patel
                          Jie Dong
                          Mach (Guoyi) Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-12-21

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages source routing.  A node steers a
   packet through a controlled set of instructions, called segments, by
   prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can represent any
   instruction, topological or service-based.  SR allows to enforce a
   flow through any topological path and service chain while maintaining
   per-flow state only at the ingress node of the SR domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   dataplane with no change on the forwarding plane.  It requires minor
   extension to the existing link-state routing protocols.

   This document outline a BGP-LS extension for exporting BGP egress
   point topology information (including its peers, interfaces and
   peering ASs) in a way that is exploitable in order to compute
   efficient Egress Point Engineering policies and strategies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/