Subject: [Idr] Interim on 6/27/2016 is cancelled

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 18:41:11 -0400

HI all: 

The IDR interim on 6/27/2016 is cancelled.   There were two topics for this
interim: 

1)      Ordering rules for the BGP Flow Specification Actions 

2)      BGP Flow Specification version 2. 

Since, the WG Chairs did not get the presentations and documents in a timely
fashion, the IDR interims is cancelled. 

However, the ordering rules are needed by authors of BGP Flow Specification
v1 (RFC5575bis) actions.  To provide aid for these authors, I have recorded
a presentation based on work from Robert Raszuk and Sue Hares.  The
presentation and the recording is indicated in the proceedings for the
6/27/2016 interim.  In addition, there is presentation for authors of BGP
wishing to specify filters or actions for BGP Flow Specification version 2.
This presentation comes from draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2. 

Full details are below, and (hopefully) the presentations will be available
at https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2016/06/27/idr/proceedings.html
(soon).  [The web page seems to be broken now].

See you at IETF 96. 

Susan Hares and John Scudder 

Interim Notes: 

The Interim topics were: Revisions to RFC5575bis and 

BGP Flow Specification v2. 

The interim is cancelled, but the presentations 

are online.  These instructinos may be useful for 

authors finalizing drafts for IDR session at IETF 96. 

Topic: Revisions to RFC5575bis 

   Filter ordering: if filter type is present,

   order is strict numerical ascending order. 

   If the filter type is not present, it can be 

   skipped. 

   3 rules for Filter actions:  

    1) All redirect actions are mutually exclusive. 

                The presence of more than redirect one results in no
redirect.

    2) If multiple rate actions are present, 

                 these are applied in ascending order of the sub-type.

     (byte rate (0x06), and then packet rate (TBD)).

    3) Some actions are unique, and may operate independently. 

                (E.g. MPLS push/pop)  

                Authors of Actions drafts should specify: 

                1) whether it is a redirect or rate action

                2) whether the action is unique or if it interferes with
other actions, 

                3) If the action interferes with other actions,  

                the handling must be specified if both (action and
interfering action) 

                are associated with a Flow specification 

    4) If the interference between two actions causes an BGP error
conditions, 

                the method of handling the error conditions based on
RFC7606. 

Recording: 

Created: 6/24/16 6:10 pm File size: 3.49MB

Duration: 4 minutes

Duration:3 minutes

Description:

Streaming recording link:

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/ldr.php?RCID=0d743aea6253a67c0289f59468a3aa6e

Download recording link:

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/lsr.php?RCID=f52d352a10020a94e567fca74897e03a

Topic 2: BGP Flow Specification 2

   Presentation gives summary of BGP Flow Specification v2. 

   Proposals for filters or actions that 

   for BGP v2 will be accepted at IETF 96. 

Recording: 

Topic: IDR Working Group's Personal Room-20160624 2219-1

Create time: 6/24/16 6:26 pm  File size: 5.01MB

Duration: 5 minutes

Description:

Streaming recording link:

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/ldr.php?RCID=07b432ea5ece6ba07871a03781c2a899

Download recording link:

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/lsr.php?RCID=07e587c749aab51669f03fee7988e0b6

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 05:29:26 -0400

Slides can be accessed at: 

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim-2016-idr-06/slides/slides-interim-2
016-idr-06-2.pdf

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim-2016-idr-06/slides/slides-interim-2
016-idr-06-4.pdf

Sue Hares 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 6:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] Interim on 6/27/2016 is cancelled

HI all: 

 

See you at IETF 96. 

 

Interim Notes: 

 

   skipped. 

                (E.g. MPLS push/pop)  

 

Recording: 

Duration: 4 minutes

Duration:3 minutes

Description:

Download recording link:

Recording: 

Duration: 5 minutes

Description:

Download recording link: