Subject: [Idr] [OSPFv3-SR] Regarding LAN Adj-SID/Label description

From: Veerendranatha Reddy Vallem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 08:35:58 +0000

Dear Authors,

As per draft, for LAN SID Sub-TLV,

7.2.  LAN Adj-SID Sub-TLV

   The LAN Adj-SID is an optional Sub-TLV of the Router-Link TLV.  It
   MAY appear multiple times in the Router-Link TLV.  It is used to
   advertise a SID/Label for an adjacency to a non-DR neighbor on a
   broadcast or NBMA network.

    0                   1                   2                   3

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   |              Type             |            Length             |

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   |     Flags     |     Weight    |            Reserved           |

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   |                           Neighbor ID                         |

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   |                    SID/Label/Index (variable)                 |

   +---------------------------------------------------------------+

"LAN SID is used for non-DR neighbors." We cannot use this Sub TLV to provide SID for DR router (Neighbor ID is DR's router id in this TLV) ?
It means we need to include "Adj_SID Sub TLV for DR neighbor" and LAN Adj-SID for other neighbors (including BDR)  in the network while advertising Adj- SID in Router Link TLV for LAN?
Can you please provide clarity for this sub TLV.

Regards,
Veerendranath