Subject: IAP or IDXP ?

From: Bernd Boom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:45:12 +0200

Dear Mr. Erlinger

Some time before on the Website
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idwg-charter.html there was a comment
not to use the IAP Protocol for Intrusion detection.

Why is there a new IAP and a new IDXP document, can you help me ?

Is there a time when the next draft-ietf-idwg-requirements-05.txt is
published ?

Many thanks

Bernd Boom

UNIVERSITY of Dortmund

---

From: Mike Erlinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 09:28:05 -0700

> Why is there a new IAP and a new IDXP document, can you help me ?

There is NOT a new IAP document.  The one posted expires 3 September 2001.
Thus, it should be gone, but is still listed.  I will see about getting
the web page fixed.

There is a new IDXP (week old) and a fairly new Tunnel Document.  Those
two documents together make up the IDWG Transport protocol.

> Is there a time when the next draft-ietf-idwg-requirements-05.txt is

Soon.  I have spent my time working on IDXP and on reviewing IDMEF.
Will get back to requirements real soon.

mike

-- 
Mike Erlinger, Professor and Chair Computer Science
www:      http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~mike
email:    [email-masked]
smail:    Computer Science Dept., Harvey Mudd College,
          301 E. 12th Street, Claremont, CA, 91711 
          909-621-8912,   FAX: 909-621-8465