Subject: Availability of libidxp

From: "Aigars Grins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:06:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

** Announcement of Open Source project **

Defcom [1] is pleased to announce the availability of libidxp [2], a C
implementation of the IDXP (Intrusion Detection Exchange Protocol) [3] as
proposed from the IDWG (Intrusion Detection Working Group) [4] under IETF
[5]. It uses beepcore-c [6] as BEEP (Block Exchange Extensible Protocol) [7]
core library. It also uses libidmef [8] as a base for creating IDMEF
(Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format) [9] messages.

The library has been developed with the help of CodeFactory [10] and is
available under the BSD license [11].

[1] - http://www.defcom.com/

[2] - http://idxp.codefactory.se/

[3] - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-beep-idxp-03.txt

[4] - http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idwg-charter.html

[5] - http://www.ietf.org/

[6] - http://sourceforge.net/projects/beepcore-c

[7] - http://beepcore.org/

[8] - http://www.silicondefense.com/idwg/libidmef/index.htm

[9] - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-06.txt

[10] - http://www.codefactory.se/

[11] - http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.html

--
Aigars Grins
Defcom

DISCLAIMER:

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Defcom does not accept
legal responsibility for the contents or accuracy of this message. The views
and opinions contained in the message are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Defcom unless otherwise specifically
stated.