Subject: RE: [Ieprep] accounting/CDRs

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:57:07 -0400

inline 

Question 2a: Is a CDR only a reasonable requirement when interacting with 
CSN gateways? 

[MAP] Whether or not CDR (or accounting) is required should be independent
from the architecture, such as whether interacting with CSN gateways. 

 [ksk]  I asked this question based upon reality.  Gateways often keep CDR
information but native SIP to SIP calls typically have no such tracking in
the network; I presume you would want something in the network that knew
about all such calls.  If such an accounting or CDR ability were required of
the all IP topology, would this blend with the SIP architecture (
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf54/slides/ieprep-sipping-joint.pp
<http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/meets/ietf54/slides/ieprep-sipping-joint.p
pt> t ).?
 
Thanks for your input.
 
Kimberly