Subject: RE: [Ieprep] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ieprep-framework-03.txt

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:48:16 -0500

I was referring to this sentence
"In an
   IP network, the authentication center will need to securely signal
   back to the IP ingress point that a given user is authorized to send
   ETS related flows. "

The usage "authentication center" implies to me that authentication is
centralized.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Carlberg [mailto:[email-masked]]

> Pg 8
> Authentication is not necessarily centralized.

page 8 doesn't have any word on authentication. is there a specific
phrase or sentence that you were concerned about?  your statement is
a bit general and I'd rather not read things into that may not be
there.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:03:25 +0000

> My point is that "probability" is an INHERENTLY quantitative concept...

i think we talking about an ant hill in the scheme of things.  i'll just
reword the paragraph.  and i'll wait until tomorrow for any additional
messages on the same subject.

-ken

---

From: "Ian Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:19:31 -0000

Janet wrote:
> The usage "authentication center" implies to me that 
> authentication is centralized.

I'll update this to remove the confusion.