Subject: [Ieprep] GETS and GTPS

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 06:00:32 -0500

>Any document to read about GTPS? 

The framework document has some information about GTPS in Appendix A.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-framework-03.txt

There is also a presentation on GETS at
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/02mar/slides/ieprep-2/

>what is the big difference between
>GETS and GTPS ( as both seems to be for PSTN)?

There are actually many differences but a central aspect of 
GETS is that it doesn't depend upon predetermined telephone
lines to be provisioned for the service but rather is potentially
available on any line.  (Configuration issues of the standard end
device is pretty much a non-issue and the "intelligent" network can provide
enhanced service.)

Kimberly
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep