Subject: [Ieprep] WG last call for General Requirements for ETS

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:39:22 -0500

This message announces WG last call for 
General Requirements for Emergency Telecommunication Service
(draft-ietf-ieprep-ets-general-01.txt).  
The intension is for this draft to
have informational RFC status.

The cut-off date for WG last call is Feb 24, 2003.
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:09:26 -0600

> Section 4 
> 1)	The phrase "better than best effort" is kind of awkward.  Maybe
> "other than best effort" would be better.

The term *better than best effort* is in use for many years. The commonly
referred acronym is BBF services. It generally refers to QoS services like 
Diffserv, Intserv etc. I am not sure about its context in the draft. Its a 
correct use of terminology, if it refers to QoS services.

Since many people in the list hates the term QoS, the authors might have
picked up the term "better than best effort" :)
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:07:17 -0500

OK, if it IS in common use I withdraw the comment.

---

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:10:36 -0500

>>  In cases where, at the application level, there is some kind of
>> "admission control" we want a better probability of admission.
>
>since you specifically scope the above comment to the application layer,
>then it should be placed in requirement(s) documents that are extensions
>or more specific to General requirements.  hence, given the two
>documents we have, it should be discussed in the Telephony Requirements
>draft. 

I agree.

That is what I was looking for in the telephony requirements and couldn't
find.
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep