Subject: RE: [Ieprep] The world's biggest data consumers don't think prior ity is such a big priority

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:15:52 -0400

May I paraphrase?

"Users with very large 'pipes' don't see the need for prioritization."

That seems to be a pretty valid statement.

But it says nothing about users and uses within the same organizations which
do NOT have massive overcapacity pipes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Donelan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 10:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ieprep] The world's biggest data consumers don't think
priority is such a big priority

"Priority" is a buzzword networking executives use to describe assigning
levels of importance to network traffic. The practice is intended to
ensure that a company's most important data gets through a crowded
connection.

But it's a different story for the health care industry and government
agencies, whose notoriously large data appetites have created a market for
connections 10 times the size of a typical data pipe. Since these
customers haven't yet come close to stressing their connection's capacity,
they have no need for expensive and hard-to-manage priority systems, AT&T
Ethernet Services Director Franco Callocchia said.

http://news.com.com/2100-1035_3-5083779.html

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep