Subject: [Ieprep] new tools for congestion?

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:45:15 -0400

At least one ISP is talking about continuous service to 
"route around congestion, failures and scheduled maintenance using real-
time traffic data instead of estimations that often proved inaccurate"
http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2003/1013att.html?net

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Sean Donelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:51:33 -0400 (EDT)

> http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2003/1013att.html?net

Actually this isn't done in real-time.  AT&T is using it as a traffic
forcasting model.  It collects the data once a day, and used for
various modeling simulations.  For example, verifying they still have
redundancy on certain links or enough capacity in case something fails.

AT&T has done some nice work, but it is evolutionary not revolutionary.
Other providers have their own homegrown systems or use something like
WANDL.