Subject: [Ieprep] IAA charter item query

From: Eric Brunner-Williams at a VSAT somewhere (or in Portland Maine) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 22:39:17 -0400

Oki all,

I've grovelled through the archives abck to the first charter and I haven't
found a satisfactory discussion of the IAA requirement, or non-requirement,
or operational experience(s) with any IAA specificiation or reference
implementation.

If anyone has some clue to throw my way, I'd appreciate it. The data is
anecdotal, but in the Katrina outage area IAA-like query and response
attempts (absent an actual IAA mechanism other than voice-to-voice w/o
any call routing or forwarding or logging, other than that incidental to
voice service, contributed to network load, responder tasking, dispatch
failure, and of course, end user stress, and no governmental or quango
involved in Katrina response operates a "missing persons" database, though
one quango has made an attempt in that area.

Cheers,
Eric

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep