Subject: [Ieprep] IEPREP working group

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:35:58 -0400

Hello,

I would appreciate it if someone on the IESG could make a statement  
on the status of the IEPREP working group.

Back in June, a strawman re-charter proposal was floated on the  
IEPREP list, and a number of comments, both public and private,  
ensued up to the August Montreal meeting.  And its my understanding  
that the WG was discussed by the IESG at that point.  However, the  
group has not received any official feedback or comments from the  
powers that be.

Now, I appreciate the need for private discussions and the headaches  
in coordinating comments of numerous individuals -- hearding cats is  
probably an easier feat to accomplish.  But at some point, decisions  
need to be made and at a minimum, feedback needs to filter down to  
the interested parties.....even if the comment is "....we are still  
discussing the issues, and this is what is holding up our  
decision.....yadda, yadda, yadda".

I do not wish to embarrass anyone or set of people.  And perhaps the  
topic of IEPREP simply fell through the cracks, but I would really  
appreciate it if someone could step up and inform the IEPREP  
participants of *something*.

kindest regards,

-ken

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: "Robert G. Cole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:53:34 -0400

I would like to second Ken's request.  We have been patiently waiting 
for quite a while for any kind of status information.

Thanks,
Bob

ken carlberg wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I would appreciate it if someone on the IESG could make a statement  on 
> the status of the IEPREP working group.
> 
> Back in June, a strawman re-charter proposal was floated on the  IEPREP 
> list, and a number of comments, both public and private,  ensued up to 
> the August Montreal meeting.  And its my understanding  that the WG was 
> discussed by the IESG at that point.  However, the  group has not 
> received any official feedback or comments from the  powers that be.
> 
> Now, I appreciate the need for private discussions and the headaches  in 
> coordinating comments of numerous individuals -- hearding cats is  
> need to be made and at a minimum, feedback needs to filter down to  the 
> interested parties.....even if the comment is "....we are still

---

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:48:01 -0400

Hello,

I'm at a loss as to why there is still no response of *any kind*  
regarding the status of the IEPREP WG and its proposed revised  
charter.  I and others have sent private email regarding this matter  
in the past couple of months with no response, and the email (below)  
sent to a more public forum has also generated _no_ response.  (and  
please keep in mind, I'm talking about a response as opposed to an  
action/decision)

The posted past minutes of the IESG teleconferences shows that IEPREP  
has not been discussed.  And I look at the proposed agenda for the  
next teleconference and see that IEPREP is not listed under Section  
4.2 WG Rechartering, and it lists "None".

I don't understand the situation as it stands and would appreciate  
ANY comment.

Only slightly in jest, I'm beginning to wonder if one needs to break  
new ground and post an appeal to the IAB for a lack of comment :-)

-ken

On Sep 11, 2006, at 3:35 PM, ken carlberg wrote:

> Now, I appreciate the need for private discussions and the  
> headaches in coordinating comments of numerous individuals --  
> hearding cats is probably an easier feat to accomplish.  But at  
> some point, decisions need to be made and at a minimum, feedback  
> needs to filter down to the interested parties.....even if the  
> comment is "....we are still discussing the issues, and this is  
> what is holding up our decision.....yadda, yadda, yadda".
>
> I do not wish to embarrass anyone or set of people.  And perhaps  
> the topic of IEPREP simply fell through the cracks, but I would  
> really appreciate it if someone could step up and inform the IEPREP