Subject: [ietf-dkim] DKIM stats

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:35:44 +0100 (IST)

FYI. [1]

Contact Lars with comments if you've got any.

I believe that his current approach doesn't distinguish
4871 from 4870 domains. If someone could help him do
that, that'd be good IMO.

Cheers,
Stephen.

[1] http://utility.nokia.net/~lars/meter/dkim.html

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: "abel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:34:21 +0800

As I tested the all the domains of ccTLD .tw ,included IDN:

553 domains own correct domainkey relative resource records of total 180142
domains

And

715 domains mis-configure them to "v=spf1 ..."

Abel

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:10:13 -0700

Abel,

It sounds like you're checking for TXT records of the form
_domainkey.{domain}.tw . I suspect strongly that the "misconfigured"
domains that you are seeing are the result of wildcard SPF records:  a
domain that publishes an SPF record for *.example.tw would normally also
have that record appear as _domainkey.example.tw , unless there were
other _domainkey.example.tw records of any type.

It might be interesting to repeat the query for a very unlikely name,
such as alskdj9qhnscdfjfoi3.{domain}.tw, and see if you get the same 715
domains.

Of course, these records are policy records for DomainKeys, not DKIM.

-Jim