Subject: [ietf-dkim] Fwd: RFC 6376 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:24:35 -0400

Thanks to all those involved!

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 6376 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 6376

         Title:      DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
         Author:     D. Crocker, Ed.,
                     T. Hansen, Ed.,
                     M. Kucherawy, Ed.
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       September 2011
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      76
         Characters: 176999
         Obsoletes:  RFC4871, RFC5672

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-15.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6376.txt

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) permits a person, role, or
organization that owns the signing domain to claim some
responsibility for a message by associating the domain with the
message.  This can be an author's organization, an operational relay,
or one of their agents.  DKIM separates the question of the identity
of the Signer of the message from the purported author of the
message.  Assertion of responsibility is validated through a
cryptographic signature and by querying the Signer's domain directly
to retrieve the appropriate public key.  Message transit from author
to recipient is through relays that typically make no substantive
change to the message content and thus preserve the DKIM signature.

This memo obsoletes RFC 4871 and RFC 5672.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working 
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html