Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] WG Action: Conclusion of Domain Keys Identified Mail (dkim)

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:23:17 -0400

> The Domain Key Identified Mail (dkim) working group in the Security Area
> has concluded.

And with that, ends an era.  I want to thank everyone who worked hard
on getting the DKIM documents decided, written, and published.  I've
been pleased to chair this group for more than five and a half years.

Barry
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

The Domain Key Identified Mail (dkim) working group in the Security Area
has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

The dkim working group has completed its primary charter items, and is
officially closing. The mailing list will be retained for future
discussions involving dkim. The list archive will also be retained.

The dkim working group was primarily focused on DomainKeys Identified
Mail (DKIM) Signatures and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Author
Domain Signing Practices (ADSP) (RFC 5617). We applaud the working
group for progressing DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures from
proposed standard (RFC 4871) to Draft Standard (RFC 6376). The working
group also produced the following Informational RFCs: Analysis of
Threats Motivating DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) (RFC 4868),
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Service Overview (RFC 5585),
Requirements for a DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signing Practices
Protocol (RFC 5016), and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Development,
Deployment, and Operations (RFC RFC 5863). The proposed standard DKIM
And Mailing Lists (RFC 6737) was the final RFC produced by the working
group.

We would like to thank all of the IETF participants who have contributed
to the various documents produced by the dkim working group and to the
successful completion of these deliverables. We especially thank Barry
Leiba and Stephen Farrell who chaired the working group. Also, we thank
Dave Crocker for hosting (and continuing to host) the mailing list and
archives.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:51:20 -0700

Barry,

Thank you and Stephen for your leadership of this WG.

-Jim

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:12:38 -0700

On 9/26/2011 11:23 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
> And with that, ends an era.

Tenacity is often underrated [1][2] but we've been nothing if not tenacious.

Congrats to us all.

d/

[1] Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration! / Thomas Edison
[2] Eighty percent of success is showing up / Woody Allen

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:08:22 +0000

Well I did mainly [2]...

Crongrats to Barry and Stephen for handling us.