Subject: [ietf-dkim] FW: Document Action: 'DKIM Authorized Third-Party Signers' to Experimental RFC (draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-16.txt)

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:17:57 -0800

Hi all,

This got approved by the IESG.  Note that it is slightly different than the last time it was discussed here, courtesy of some suggested changes during IESG evaluation.

OpenDKIM has already implemented the revised version and is thus available for interop testing if anyone wants to try this out.

-MSK

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 2:01 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: RFC Editor
Subject: Document Action: 'DKIM Authorized Third-Party Signers' to Experimental RFC (draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-16.txt)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DKIM Authorized Third-Party Signers'
  (draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps-16.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-atps/

Technical Summary

  DKIM deliberately makes no binding between the DNS domain of the signer of a
  message and any other identity found in the message.  Despite this, there is an
  automatic human perception that an author domain signature (one for which the
  RFC5322.From domain matches the DNS domain of the signer) is more valuable or
  trustworthy than any other.  There is currently no protocol by which an ADMD can
  announce that DKIM signatures on its mail added by other ADMDs should also be
  considered trustworthy by verifiers.  This presents an experimental mechanism
  for doing so.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual submission, but was discussed with the former DKIM
  participants, on the DKIM mailing list.  Note that there is NOT general
  agreement that this protocol is important, or even useful.  There is good
  consensus that experimentation is needed to determine utility, and this document
  sets up that experiment by proposing a protocol for it.

Document Quality

  ATPS has been prototyped, in preparation for this experiment, and is available
  in an open-source implementation.  Other implementations are expected as
  the experiment proceeds.

Personnel

  Barry Leiba is the Document Shepherd.
  Sean Turner is the responsible Area Director.

IANA Note

  The new registry should be nested under DKIM Parameters.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:08:22 -0500

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> OpenDKIM has already implemented the revised version and is thus available
> for interop testing if anyone wants to try this out.

As the first commercial package already supporting ATPS (and ACL which 
I now plan to finally submit an I-D for),  you can run test 
(auto-responder) against some email servers that support it. I will 
gather them from installed customer servers. In the mean time, here is 
our auto-responder email address:

      [email-masked]

And for those with OpenDKIM setups exploring this, we have a wizard at 
this URL to help prepare your records:

     http://www.winserver.com/public/wcadsp

-- 
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com