Subject: DocOz Episode Recap: Transform You Plan

From: Benjamin Francis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:01:43 -0700

Are You ready melt fat without putting in effort?

Your probably saying .... "Duh!"

______________________________________________

DocOz Presents: How to get Your Fat to Eat Itself!

______________________________________________

This is a 1 Step Plan that will have you losing 1 lb per day.

View Plan Here

- No Work-Out Necessary... (See Why Here)

- No Starvation Needed

-DocOz Episode Recap

We hope you enjoyed this DocOz Update

- to stop further messages - write -Update Notice Messages

118 Kecks Lane -Ruff Dale, PA 15679- or visit here

Welcome to StackOverflow Thanks for your answer. I think I'm going to go ahead and learn PowerShell. It looks powerful from what I've seen so far, and I'll be able to write more useful scripts with it at work.You might want to start with the CTP3 of PowerShell V2. It is very stable and we've added some awesome stuff to it. As you encounter questions - ask them here - it will generate a good body of searchable knowledge. Jeffrey Snover - MSFT Great to see you on SO Keep up with the great work on PoSh; I'm a huge fan alastairs FI'm about to pick up PowerShell for the first time. I've actually read some pretty promising things from MSFT designers, developers, etc, which lead me not to get caught up in all the MSFT is evil mantra from around wherever. I enjoyed the smiley on "after you get over cussing that it isn't Unix." I really see a trend in Microsoft paying more attention to people's needs, across the board, and I'm glad t
o hear that this is one motivation of Powershell as well. I'll be happy to assess how this fits in my toolbox. maxwellb is there a chance for a better terminal for Windows? Powershell is a powerful scripting language, but the fact it runs in cmd.exe makes it much more convenient in the interactive mode sumeey, exactly a better terminal for windows, that's all developers, admins want, why depart from the unix tools. You are telling us that you really couldn't make it work really well, fast and reliable using plain text file mentality of unix-like systems? Forgive my ignorance, i.e. you couldn't add windows terminal binaries to access objects and other configurations, and get rid of cmd.exe? y A WONDERFUL answer Based on this answer alone I ended up switching from cygwin to PowerShell and I couldn't be happier. Thanks jsalonenA good answer, but I ran into a nasty little surprise with powershell. No multi-session history support The only time it gets mentioned is a non-working
hack from back in the development days. Spencs "not constructive" question generated the best insight I've seen into the whole "on Unix everything is a file" mantra, and why Windows is different. Maybe StackOverflow would be better served closing not constructive discussions?k 100% agree Keith Hill - Give ConEmu a try; I've been using it for a few weeks and it's pretty sweet: hanselman.com/blog/ E.Z. Hart Jul, look at jeffre Snover history, he got 129 events(upvotes) on this question just on 13/07/2012, but just 20 where valued. What is going on ? I put a flag with this same comment but it was declined. Jik Although discussions bring insight in huge amounts (probably more than not-constructive, unanswerable questions), this is a Q&A site. Just because it's a terribly popular Q&A site doesn't mean it should experience scope-creep like that. Certainly using Q&A style, you most likely can't capture all human knowledge, but that doesn't change th
e fact that SO is Q&A. Limited Atonement This is one of the best statements I've ever reaHeads up: powershell doesn't like piping binary data. So beware when you're calling your trusty Unix tools, just don't do stuff like tar -c . | gzip > package.tar.gz directly in PowerShell, or you'll suffer. See brianHow should we provide this feedback- This is known behavior of powershell. It does encode output by default as utf-16. This is easily solved by adding -encoding ascii to the command line. This is really no different than having to specify binary mode for ftp. g - Thanks. I remember asking on technet once about this problem and the Microsoft engineer told me to use cmd ... That was a couple of years ago though. Interarticle Feb 20 at 0:31