Subject: e-gift card: $25 Balance

From: $25 Gift-Card <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:20:07 -0700

Hello Ietf-dkim-archive,

Kohl's Cares Rewards: August 13, 2014

REDEEM YOUR KOHL'S CASH NOW

__________________________________

| Kohls Rewards |

Redeem Gift Card:

Card # 35472

Heres how easy it is to redeem Kohl's Cash:

Complete the 1 minute survey: HERE

Enjoy the Kohl's Cash Event

Regards,

Kohl's Rewards

To stop further notifications from Current Update Alerts

write to 1644 Doral Dr Brookings, SD 57006 or go here

I know this is an old question but I have to post my answer - maybe someone will find it useful. I can't believe how many people are recommending REST over SOAP. I can only assume these people are not developers or have never actually implemented a REST service of any reasonable size. Implementing a REST service takes a LOT longer than is a nice answer but honestly, you do not understand what is REST. You can read the 2 best answers in this question to find it out. You are comparing them as a similar architectures, while REST being only a paradigm. It's the same as to compare "restaurant etiquette" with "pizza". Is it better to eat with a fork and a knife or to eat pizza? "I'd go with pizza" - you say. And as first answer suggests, you can easily use both - eat pizza this day and age, do we really need to worry about a handful of bytes?" Umm, yes we do! From where I am, I can play many online computer games, but Blizzard's World of Warcraf
t Developers subscribed to your view and never bothered to service takes infinitely longer than implementing a SOAP service. Tools exist for all modern languages/framewoms to read in a WSDL and output proxy classes and clients. Implementing a REST service is done by hand and - get this - by reading documentation. Furthermore, while implementing these two services, you hT service that returns XML anyway? The only difference is that with REST you don't know the types each element/attribute represents - you are on your own to implement it and hope that one day a string doesn't come across in a fiecomplaint that with SOAP you have the "overhead" of the SOAP Envelope. In this day and age, do we really need to argument that with REST you can just pop the URL into the browser and see the data. Sure, if your REST service is using simple or no authentication. The Netflix service, for instance, uses OAuth which requirewe need a "readable" URL for each resource? If we were
using a tool to implement the service, do we really care about the actual U