Subject: Fantatsic Africa All-Inclusive Vacation Packages Available

From: "Africa Safari Specials" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:54:58 -0700

Amazing African Safari Vacations Now-Available!

Almost everybody would like the chance to visit Africa and go on a Safari...

If you have been thinking about it at all, then now is the time! This time of year

provides ideal weather, fantastic package deals and most importantly, quite

affordable-prices.

There are many packages that you can select from:

* Couples

* Groups

* Families

and many more...

Go Here to Aee Our Ads for Amazing African Safari-Packages

irrigated the fields. Hungry populations fell prey to diseases such as smallpox, cholera, and typhoid.Modern researchers have not estimated how many people died, but Lugard wrote: ???Everywhere the people I saw were gaunt and half-starved, and covered with skin diseases. They had no crops of any sort to replace the milk and meat which formed their natural diet.??? In places, epidemics coincided with drought. Between 1888 and 1892, roughly a third of the population of Ethiopia, several million people, is thought to have perished. Great pastoral civilizations across the continent were shattered. Central African cattle-rearing tribes like the Tutsi and Karamajong starved, along with Sudanese nations like the Dinka and Bari, West Africans like the Fulani, and southern Africans like the Nama and Herero. The folklore of the Maasai of East Africa tells of the enkidaaroto, the ???destruction,??? of 1891. They lost most of their cattle, and two-thirds of the Maasai died. One elder later rec
alled that the corpses were ???so many and so close together that the vultures had forgotten how to fly.??? Cattle Herder Kenya A young boy herds cattle near his home on the border of the Masai Mara National Game Reserve in Siana Springs, Kenya. Many of these societies never recovered their numbers, let alone their wealth and power. Rinderpest served up the continent on a plate for European colonialists. In its wake, the Germans and British secured control of Tanzania and Kenya with barely a fight. In southern Africa, the hungry and destitute Zulus migrated to the gold mines of Witwatersrand, helping to create the brutal social divide between black and white from which apartheid sprang. It is an extraordinary story, rarely told. But the ramifications did not stop with the ???scramble for Africa.??? Paradoxically, this cataclysm for wildlife created the ???primeval landscape??? discovered by Roosevelt and his hunting chums. How come? First the epidemic killed huge amounts of native w
ildlife. But it created an ideal landscape for the spread of the tsetse fly, which even today is second only to AIDS as an obstacle to Africa's development. The tsetse fly lives in lowland tropical bush. It carries trypanosomiasis, a disease that is often endemic among wild animals such as ruminants ??? likely conveying some immunity ??? but can cause widespread epidemics among cattle and humans, in whom it is called sleeping sickness. Tsetse flies like lush vegetation, where adults can deposit their larvae. Before rinderpest arrived, the cattle herds kept by pastoralists on the African plains had always checked the spread of tsetse by grazing the bush. But with rinderpest decimating the cattle, the woody vegetation grew fast. So after the epidemic passed, when wild animal populations revived much faster than the cattle, the tsetse flies spread fast through bush they had once been unable to occupy. The flies and the sleeping sickness they carried in turn kept humans and their cattle
from returning to graze down the bush. In East Africa, highland areas where cattle had until recently roamed free quickly became tsetse-infested bush and woodland. In southern Africa, the fly spread through the Zambezi and Limpopo valleys, creating no-go areas for cattle where once they had thrived. In this way, rinderpest created an ecological revolution against people and cattle and in favor of wildlife. Africa has never fully recovered. Probably half a million people contract sleeping sickness each year, of whom some 100,000 die. The tsetse fly remains a major obstacle to the economic development of whole regions, often thriving in the most fertile lowlands that would otherwise make ideal cattle country. For conservationists, this makes sleeping sickness ???the best game warden in Africa.??? But it has also warped our perceptions of Africa. European Conservationists are seeking to preserve a version of the wild that has not existed for thousands of years. colonists ???just assum
ed that the country they found packed with animals and empty of people was the way that Africa had always been,??? says John Reader, author of Africa: A biography of the Continent. Julian Huxley, head of UNESCO and a founder of the World Wildlife Fund in the early 1960s, described the East African plains as ???a surviving sector of the rich natural world as it was before the rise of modern man.??? In their ignorance, conservationists created Africa???s great national parks in regions where rinderpest had recently destroyed human society: the Serengeti and Masai Mara, Tsavo and Selous, Kafue, Okavango, Kruger, and the rest. And they decreed that humans and their cattle had henceforth to be excluded at all costs. One of the most famous of these conservationists, the German biologist Bernhard Grzimek who in 1960 wrote the book Serengeti Shall Not Die and directed the film of the same name, worked indefatigably to keep the Masai out of the Serengeti. ???A National Park must remain a pie
ce of primordial wilderness to be effective,??? he wrote. ???No men, not even native ones, should live inside its borders. The Serengeti cannot support wild animals and

You can halt.future safariads-by going here.

1748 Olympic Ave,Westwood, C.A. #9O221.