Subject: [ietf-dkim] DKIM and EAI

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Dec 2017 22:27:05 -0500

If I may change the topic for a moment ...

I'm working on some stuff for ICANN to help people get EAI mail working. 
One of the underspecified bits of EAI is how authentication works with 
SPF, DKIM, DMARC and now, I suppose ARC.  There's a bunch of places where 
one needs to make arbitrary decisions about what's in ASCII (a-labels) or 
what's in UTF-8 (u-labels.)  I did a draft about it last year:

 	https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-appsarea-eaiauth/

It would be nice if this could be finished and published, so I have 
something better than an expired draft to point at when people ask me how 
to do DKIM and SPF with their EAI mail.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://jl.ly
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 12:41:11 -0500

+1.

I think there are parsing issues to be highlighted.  Do you decode 
first, then extract the Author Domain or extract first before 
decoding? etc.

On 12/5/2017 10:27 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
> I'm working on some stuff for ICANN to help people get EAI mail
> working. One of the underspecified bits of EAI is how authentication
> works with SPF, DKIM, DMARC and now, I suppose ARC.  There's a bunch
> of places where one needs to make arbitrary decisions about what's in
> ASCII (a-labels) or what's in UTF-8 (u-labels.)  I did a draft about
> it last year:
>
> something better than an expired draft to point at when people ask me
> how to do DKIM and SPF with their EAI mail.
>

-- 
HLS