Subject: how I will proceed

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:30:32 -0500 (EST)

Some of you will recall how I've done this in the past.  For everyone
else here's what I will do.

I will start a thread for each proposed change.  In the message I will
try to present as much information as I can, as neutrally as possible.
If possible the message will end with a specific proposal for how to
change the document and the reason(s) why I think that change is
appropriate.

When the message includes a specific change proposal it will ask for you
to respond to the mailing list if you *disagree* with the change.  If
you agree with the change you do not need to take any action.

My role in this process is to judge consensus and adjust the document
accordingly.  I may or may not participate in the discussions, although
I will update the proposed change as needed.

Sometimes, in the interest of being certain about consensus, I will ask
for those who *agree* with a change to respond.  Please be alert for
this request.

When consensus is elusive the default action will be no change to the
document.

All actions taken will be documented on the mailing list.

Thanks,

Jim