Subject: diff from RFC2727

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:47:16 -0500 (EST)

Although the draft contains a section of changes from RFC 2727, a list
of "single sentences" hardly does the changes justice.  Worse, if anyone
has tried to do a "diff" of the revision against 2727 I'm sure you were
overwhelmed by the differences.

In creating this draft I've made use of the xml2rfc tool.  One
interesting point about how it works is that its default enumeration
style differs from that used in RFC2727.  So a diff of the draft against
the RFC will kick out every nested list item.

What I did was convert the RFC to the XML format, create a baseline
document, and then I diff'ed the draft against the baseline.  I removed
all the header/footer differences and was left with the file included
below.

This should help you find the differences for review.

Comments on the currently incorporated changes are welcome; please post
them here.

I'll say more about the proposed changes early next week.  There were
still a few subscriptions this morning so I'll wait the weekend.

Thanks,

Jim